1. realfine409

This is less RV related and more truck, but it’s related to bone headed RV owner mistake!:{ See the attached picture of the damage done to the C-Pillar of my 2007.5. One side was creased on a moonless night when caught in a very narrow low overhead street in Florida with my older 5er. The other side was done when caught in a tight space in Alaska. My question is, does anyone know of a quality shop in NC that can make these repairs with new sheet metal, minimum bondo, without selling my house and trailer?

Cpillar.JPG #ad

realfine409 , Aug 12, 2015
  2. dfb

Just did my new ram... They should ban SHORTBED 5vr towing!

3. Slow Six

My thoughts also.

Slow Six , Feb 17, 2016
  4. Mingoglia

Here here! :-{}

Mingoglia , Feb 17, 2016
  5. Jim W TDR MEMBER

Sorry for the loss and I can't help you here in IL but I do know of a good body shop.

So you broke down and bought a 6.7L Cummins!

By the way when did you go to AK and I see you got a new trailer.

Jim

Jim W , Feb 18, 2016
  6. dfb

Mines costing 1700 for truck only.. Window is 1000

7. realfine409

Had the 6.7 when we met in Columbus! We went to AK in 2014. 18k miles, 5 mos. toured most of the National parks on the way back. Did the Alaska trip with a 31 ft. Have 35 now. We spent January in SW FL, just spent a couple of weeks on SO. Padre Isl TX. Working our way back home now. Just earned a P0700 code on the way to San Antonio, going to nurse it home, and find the real cause there.

realfine409 , Feb 19, 2016
  8. dfb

Bought pullrite superglide 16 k model.. Hope this will solve cab trailer issue.

9. SSage

Yep, the good sliders are worth it in the end if you must have a SB. I would visit your local independent body shops, talk to customers on site, look at the jobs leaving the shop. I've had a few nightmares at dealer shops and it was a fight to get the color matched even within one shade. Only had one Jeep come out right in a metallic grey at a dealer, white was really hard to match two trucks at two different dealers. The black truck looked like an example of horrible orange peel at one certified Allsnake shop, but they fixed it by buffing the crap out of it. Independent shop color matched better IMO, they didn't just paint by code.

I ended up going to a long bed on my last two trucks, I like the simplicity now. But they are long suckers in the city.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    SSage , Feb 19, 2016
  10. dfb

Yes! I want the orange peel to match the factory. The metal flake and gloss to match. So bummed. They have to move the bed back. Paint all the way to the front door! Just for a tiny dent!.. Tried the slider out yesterday. Had to adjust it to stop loud banging and clanging. Adjusted the front bolt stop..

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  11. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

People told me I could get by with a hitch set to it's rear position. I op'd for a manual slider B&W and have to slide it to unlatch or hook up, so I use the slide feature all the time. SNOKING

SnoKing , Feb 20, 2016
  12. dfb

I'm so scatter brained, I opted for the auto slider. How does the Manuel slider work?.

13. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

Great and you can hookup at an angle if you have to, where most auto sliders require being straight on. SNOKING

SnoKing , Feb 20, 2016
  14. RustyJC

I use my truck exclusively for towing our 5th wheel. A short bed truck was never a consideration for me - I've owned 3 long bed Ram duallies since 1996.

Rusty

RustyJC , Feb 20, 2016
  15. dfb

I am not happy with no selection of long beds in my area.. They now have 3 long bed dually trucks. But I don't think I want to lose 21000 trading mine in. Now, I'm going to have a 70,000 dollar truck with 2500 miles repainted! I don't get why someone would buy a shortbed truck with an aisin and cummins. Jack it up 20 feet in the air.Put 60 inch tires on it. Use a ladder to get in it . Good
    Gosh...I wish Ram would make the old
    Quad cab dimensions instead of a long bed crew cab as long as a city block. They are only 17 inches longer than the crew cab mega.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  16. RustyJC

Obviously, you're not in Texas where long beds are readily available, but then again, I've ordered my last 2 trucks specifically for maximum GVWR and GCWR for 5th wheel towing.

Rusty

RustyJC , Feb 20, 2016
  17. Jim W TDR MEMBER

I must be getting old; I would have sworn you had a 2005/06 with a 5.9L Cummins when we met.

We were going to the Gulf Shores this January (2016) and had to cancel. My wife went to the doctor in Dec.complaining about leg cramping and ended up with back surgery the first week of January. So no trip this year. We plan on trying to go next Feb for a month or so. We will see if we can pull this off.

Good luck with the Torque converter hope you can make it home and get this fixed.

Jim

Jim W , Feb 20, 2016