1. Tractorat

I started looking for a sewer hose storage tube a couple of years ago but couldnt find one locally so I lost interest for a while. Well, I guess Ill have to buy one off the internet.
    All of the storage tubes Ive seen are 3", the diameter of the hose. The problem I see is that the connector is 4". Those of you that have these storage tubes, how do you handle that ? Do you remove the connector before you put the hose away ?
    Thanks,

Tractorat , Oct 16, 2021
  2. endoscott

Keep one in bumper storage on AF, square tubing, fits if I turn fitting a little, not sure size of tubing though. I keep another length in a tub, love the Rhino hose. Sometimes one section wont reach.

endoscott , Oct 16, 2021
    brucejohnson likes this.
  3. Tractorat

I cant use the bumper storage anymore. Gets stuck. Last time I almost couldnt get it out. I need to get a tube. Just need the connector to fit (or I will have to remove it when traveling. or, hopefully find a tube with a bigger than 4" i.d.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Tractorat , Oct 16, 2021
  4. JR

You can make one out of those PVC fence post covers and mount it under your camper. Glue one cap on permanently and sand the other end so that it fits snug but doesn't get stuck. Then drill a hole thru the edge of the cap and the pvc post cover and run a small lag bolt in as a keeper.

I can grab some pics later if you want.

brucejohnson likes this.
  5. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

10 seconds, 3rd result in Amazon.

Valterra Adj Hose Carrier - Adjustable Ez Hose Carrier ()

Says fits all hoses and fittings aside from 90° elbows, which makes totally sense to me.

Ozymandias , Oct 16, 2021
    brucejohnson likes this.
  6. Tractorat

I may have to go over to home depot and price that out. I did find something on the internet though for about $50 and free shipping. Expandable. (I think I need it to be about 84". When I get back from hunting, Ill check that out. Yeh, pictures would be great, thanks.

Tractorat , Oct 16, 2021
  7. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Or with some searching, this one is almost 5" ID.

DW SH-5564-BK Super-Tube Sewer Hose Carrier - 64"

Ozymandias , Oct 16, 2021
    Cummins12V98 likes this.
  8. brucejohnson TDR MEMBER

6 inch i.d. pipe should fit the hose and fittings. Cap on one end and screw on fitting on the other. Just went on Home Depot and Lowes websites...dang, those fittings and pipe are a lot more expensive than I remember from a few years back. Easy to attach anywhere there is space, back bumper, under the trailer within reach.
    I went out and remeasured my Rhino setup with the 90 degree end. The collar tabs are right around 4-3/4 inch, so your find should work. The collar tabs have to line up with my square bumper tube in order to fit. The square diagonal is about 6 inches allowing sufficient room for the collar tabs to slide in.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    brucejohnson , Oct 16, 2021
    HPSimpson likes this.
  9. Tractorat

Tractorat , Oct 16, 2021
    brucejohnson likes this.
  10. JR

20211016_171952.jpg #ad
    20211016_182923.jpg #ad
    20211016_171959.jpg #ad

I can't take credit, I saw this at a state park in NY a few years back. Easy, cheap, and conveniently located right next to the business end :eek::D

brucejohnson likes this.
  11. brucejohnson TDR MEMBER

Love it! That is a very cost effective and efficient combination compared to the alternatives being sold.

brucejohnson , Oct 16, 2021
    HPSimpson and JR like this.
  12. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Ozymandias , Oct 17, 2021