Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukegm

comrades - i want to replace the bulbs in my headlights with something better than the stock candle. my understanding is the low beam is on top and the high beam is underneath. h11 low beam and 9005 high beam. is this correct? any input or advice would be appreciated. there is a lot of confusing info out there on "google university." i need to go on a long trip in 4 weeks and will be driving a lot in the dark. to visit my pop. thanks much. and cheers!

nukegm , Sep 1, 2019
  2. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

Following this one........

Funny I was just checking out RVTRKN thread for his new '19, I was wondering if one could just upgrade the headlights in a Tradesman.

I love the savings of the Tradesman but would like a better headlight option.

My '18 2500 is a Tradesman, its "OK" in the dark, I just picked up a '19 Chevy 1500 WT, might have to take that home one night to see how they are just for reference to the Ram.

Timd32 , Sep 1, 2019
  3. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

That should be possible, you just need to enable the Lights with Alfa OBD.
    Played around with the FCM in my Durango snd found that spot where it asks for incandescent, dual headlights or xenon that mine has from factory.

So yes i think that should work.

Ozymandias , Sep 2, 2019
  4. TFucili

I have to say, the headlights on this Longhorn are fantastic. Finally, decent headlights in a truck!

TFucili , Sep 2, 2019
  5. HPSimpson TDR MEMBER

The Laramie and Longhorn have led headlights big diffence from my 2014 3500 truck very bright ligthts.

HPSimpson , Sep 2, 2019
  6. Jim W TDR MEMBER

I installed LED running lights and fog lamps on my 2008, truck and what an improvement this was in night time driving. My older son who installed halogen lamps in is 2006 truck, recommend that I should go the LED route. Upon his recommendation we installed the Led head lights from LUMAWEXR with drivers to support them. We than installed a set of fog lamps from XTREME LED PRO with drivers for them also.

I used the original light housing and just installed the LED Blub H13 for the head lights. You do need to clock them for the correct light output so, you do not have any blind spots at night. The fog lights were 9006 blubs. You do need to spread the cooling fins on these LED lights but that is not difficult to do.

I am extremely satisfied with the light output over the original head lamps. I installed them in Jan of 2019 so, I have a limited time of operating hours on them but so, far so good.

Jim W , Sep 3, 2019
  7. Minnow101

Personally, I’d steer clear of any LED offering from Headlight Revolution. Overpriced Chinese junk. Way overpriced.

In less than a year, they have had to send me four replacement bulbs. And its not such a simple task to change these bulbs out. Additionally, it takes them 2 weeks to get the replacements sent out. So one is riding around with a blown headlight waiting for HR to unpack the in-bound china cargo container

I’ve had a set of Amazon purchased LED’s (about $30) installed in the fog housings for 2 years and not one issue.

Minnow101 , Sep 5, 2019