Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwebster

I am looking for a replacement box for my '08 3500 SRW. Just wondering if there are any take offs kicking around... I found an '09 but it must have been from a 1500 - different lines that preclude it's use. Thanks Folks Have a great holiday season!!!!

Harrison

hwebster , Dec 10, 2021
  2. Jim W TDR MEMBER

Have you checked salvage yards? Sometimes you might get lucky and find a box in relatively good shape and could be repainted to match your truck.

Just another suggestion.

Jim W , Dec 10, 2021
    Rowdy Dalton likes this.
  3. BSeyler

Not sure how far you are willing to travel, but you might try these guys in Buffalo, Wyoming. The last time I was by there, they had quite a few take off beds stacked in the yard. Dodges are popular in that area.
    http://www.bolingerinc.com

BSeyler , Dec 10, 2021
  4. hwebster

Thanks Guys.. Salvage yards in these parts aren't going to have what i want. Rust is the killer. I will checkout the wyoming link1 Thanks All as Always!

hwebster , Dec 12, 2021
  5. hwebster

Just following up - No Joy in Wyoming... But thaanks for the tip! H

hwebster , Dec 13, 2021
    BSeyler likes this.
  6. CVR222NV TDR MEMBER

Your Avatar shows you are in Canada. Have you checked all the companies that sell flat beds in your area? They might have take off beds. You could do the same for such companies in the U.S. especially in the Southwest to get a rust free bed. I had good luck finding OEM discontinued parts on Car-Part.Com. I just did a quick search and depending on your truck configuration there may be some available. Using Car-Part.Com I found good OEM parts at All Dodge Truck in Rancho Cordova, California. If all else fails just get a flat bed! Good luck!

CVR222NV , Dec 14, 2021
    Cumminsboy77 likes this.
  7. hwebster

Thanks for the info. I am considering that option. The '08 is problematic, they changed designs in 09 and 10 - and after 12 - 13 years I doubt therre are many kicking around. But I'll keep looking...

hwebster , Dec 14, 2021
  8. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

I just picked an 05 short bed that's like new here in East Texas. If you find them outside of the snow and salt areas they can be good. I paid 500 bucks for it which was a steal. That's for the bed, tailgate and the taillights?&src=tdr">tail lights. Was a kid parting out his truck with a blown 4.7. When the motor goes they part them out.

20221210_162922.jpg #ad

Yo Hoot , Dec 13, 2022
    Rowdy Dalton likes this.
  9. Rowdy Dalton

That was a great find.

Rowdy Dalton , Dec 14, 2022