Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T Schwartz

Hi All,

I have an 03 diesel 2500 2wd truck I bought new. Yesterday I was getting the GAGE Check error and one of my gauges and sometimes 2 of them were not working. I opened the hood this morning and I found that 3 of my connections to my battery cable (positive side - 1on drivers and 2 on passenger) connections (goes over bolt that holds battery cable down BROKE. I have ordered a new set of assorted copper connections>
    Copper Wire Lugs AWG 2 4 6 8 10 12 with Heat Shrink Set, 60Pcs Battery Cable Lugs Ring Terminals Connectors,Tubular Ring Terminals,AWG Crimp Wire Ring Lugs, 65Pcs Heat Shrink Tubing (125)

Who SELLS Military grade replacement battery cables for our diesels? Does anyone have a suppliers that they have successfully used before?

Thanks
    Thomas in Calif
    195k Diesel 2500 RAM (std output with edge Box - LOVE it)
    1961 TBird (Grandmas Car)
    1970 Hemicuda Convert Clone
    1/2 1969 Dodge Charger (in build state. 5 years to go)
    6.4, 6 speed, big wheels, slot car

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2022
    T Schwartz , Dec 8, 2022
  2. p-Bar

I've used this type battery clamp. I tried paste the amazon address but it wouldn't let me. I bought loose cable and soldered myself and heat shrink tubing.

Ampper Military Spec Battery Terminal End, Top Post Battery Terminal Set for Marine Car Boat RV and Vehicles (1 Pair)

p-Bar , Dec 8, 2022
  3. Crunch

I replaced the negative cables on my truck and bought military grade terminal connectors, buying both from McMaster-Carr. The cable weren't necessarily military grade, but they have a good range of cable gauges, so I went up in size a notch or two from the OEM cables. The cable was sold by the foot, so I made sure I bought enough and cut it to length at the time of installation. I don't have a crimper for the non-terminal ends, so I had an electrical supply place down the road do that operation.

Crunch , Dec 9, 2022
    T Schwartz likes this.
  4. MarkEagleUSA TDR MEMBER

5. T Schwartz

T Schwartz , Dec 9, 2022
  6. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

Darkbloodmon , Dec 9, 2022
    MarkEagleUSA likes this.
  7. tjm

Wouldn't Welding cables be a better choice?

tjm , Dec 9, 2022
    JKosten and AEdelheit like this.
  8. Walker111

Walker111 , Dec 9, 2022
  9. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

They are the mfg. of the Geno's listed cable set. Their business card and sticker came with mine.

Darkbloodmon , Dec 9, 2022
    MarkEagleUSA likes this.
  10. MarkEagleUSA TDR MEMBER

When I bought mine they were cheaper through Geno's.

MarkEagleUSA , Dec 9, 2022
  11. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

I made mine. Some cable, eyes, and military style terminals. All you need is a vice, some solder & flux, and a propane torch. Oh, and some heat shrink tubing.

BigPapa , Dec 9, 2022
  12. slowmover