Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XJman

Anyone know where I can find the replacement skins that are not junkyard parts? I found the foam on Geno's garage but they only seem to carry glass replacement glass seat covers seat covers.

Anyone ever purchase or replace the upholstery and have an idea on the price I should expect to pay?

XJman , Feb 10, 2018
  2. Tuesdak

Tuesdak , Feb 10, 2018
  3. XJman

Alright, yeah I was just attempting to avoid the dealership. I'll give them a call monday

XJman , Feb 10, 2018
  4. Jim W TDR MEMBER

I contacted a small upholstery shop that restored auto interiors. My cost to have the seats rebuilt and put factor leather seat coverings on the front seats. Plus install electric lumbar support for the passenger seat + raising the passenger seat 1-1/2 inches higher. Was $850 out the door. Here is a photo looking from the driver side. Oct 2017 New seats.jpg #ad

Oct 2017 New seats.jpg #ad

Jim W , Feb 11, 2018
  5. XJman

850 got the seats refoamed, modified and upholstered in leather? That's not bad. Monday I'm going to start looking harder. I've got a couple dogs and in my experience it's easier to clean the dog hair off leather than cloth.

XJman , Feb 11, 2018
  6. DZollman

Try www.theseatshop.com. I too got the foam from Genos. I ordered a leather seat cover from The Seat Shop, it was as good or better than original. I chose all leather rather than partial like the original.

DZollman , Feb 20, 2018