Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dull Pain

Anybody know of a decent "one man bleeder" available anywhere?

Suggestions , Brand name , Cost

thanks

Dull Pain , Sep 4, 2004
  2. JStieger TDR MEMBER

try "speed bleeder" - they are a bleeder screw with a check valve www.speedbleeder.com

I have them on my old jeep and they work great. Haven't got around to installing them on my 03 yet.

JStieger , Sep 4, 2004
  3. BRobertson

I really like the pressure bleeder that I got from EGR brakes

Bob

BRobertson , Sep 4, 2004
  4. T-Bone

I got a Mity-Vac at Harbor Frieght. Works great even though it is the plastic model. They also have a metal version for somewhere around $50. Here is a link to the Mity-Vac. I also got some silicone hose from the Speed Bleeder folks to make things "more flexible".

T-Bone

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
    T-Bone , Sep 4, 2004
  5. jcbrown

If you have Speed Bleeder's you don't need a vacuum pump. :confused: Step on the brake pedal to bleed. Oo.

jcbrown , Sep 4, 2004
  6. T-Bone

Hi jc,

Sorry, I wasn't too clear there. I don't have the Speed Bleeders, just some new silicone hose (from the Speed Bleeder folks) for the Mity-Vac.

T-Bone

T-Bone , Sep 6, 2004
  7. SHobbs

On the speedbleeders site they want to know what size is needed. So here's the question. What size bleeders would work on my truck? Looks like the speedbleeders are a no nonsense approach, might give it a try. I need to bleed my system and it is a P. I. T. A by my self.

SHobbs , Sep 8, 2004
  8. BK TDR MEMBER

I got tired of going after the wife and all the yelling while bleeding the brakes and the pumping method bites when trying to change the fluid out. I wanted to really clear out the fluid with a easy painless flush.

I was going to start a site with some fellow Dodge / Cummins owners based on the build up of our trucks. . but that all fell apart for many reasons... anyway. .

I bought this one man bleeder system that I love ( so here a prelim review sits). .

http://www.tdr4x4.com/reviews/bleeder.htm

Its not cheap, about $200 now adays, but it works on all the different cars/trucks I've used it on. And with all stock bleeders and no need for master cylinder adapters.

It wasnt cheap, but worth every penny I spent on it.

Makes it easy to bleed the system when you change cylinders, calipers or hoses.

9. LightmanE300

motive!

I have this motive brake bleeder that is fantastic. I've used it three times so far with zero problems, on three different vehicles. It's so easy, fill it up with fluid, screw the cap right on the brake fluid reservoir, pressurize the system to 15psi (gauge on the bleeder), and simply open your bleeder valves until new fluid is visible... no air leaks, easy as pie. The whole thing is like $40 or $50 I believe... The one I have is the European universal model. I haven't tried it on the Cummins yet but the different adapter caps are available interchangeable once you have the bleeder.

http://www.motiveproducts.com/

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
    LightmanE300 , Sep 29, 2004
  10. y-knot

Give the guys at EGR brakes a call, it's even toll free. They have a great bleeder, I bought it when I did my brakes and it worked very well. They also sell the speed bleeders and will know the size you need. They are very nice people to work with and have fair prices.

y-knot , Sep 29, 2004
  11. Dull Pain

Lightman - Have looked at the Motive, thanks for the product review. think that is the route I will take.

Dull Pain , Sep 30, 2004
  12. LightmanE300

Dull - it's a great setup, requires no pumping of the brake pedals etc. It's basically very inexpensive and about the easiest way I have seen to do brake bleeding. Just FYI DUll, the instructions tell you to fill the motive reservoir and pump it to pressure. Although that would have been the easiest, what I did was fill the actual brake fluid reservoir on the engine to the top, pressurized, and bled one or two and then depressurized, and topped off the reservoir. While this is a few extra steps, it leaves your motive tank spotless and you have no cleanup :)

I used a high performance brake fluid, and the name is slipping my mind at the moment. However, the best part was they offer that same exact fluid in BLUE and TAN. That way you alternate colors, and it's really easy to see when you're bleeding them that the new fluid has made its way through. .

LightmanE300 , Sep 30, 2004
  13. Leon R

I made my own vacuum system using a glass jam jar with copper tubes soldered into the lid, a couple lengths of clear plastic tubing and my 55 chev as the vacuum source. Suck out the master cylinder and clean it out with new brake fluid, refill the cylinder and then go to each brake bleeder and attach the vacuum line and let it suck the new fluid though. You can see the clean fluid. It's an easy one man system and cheap.

Leon R , Sep 30, 2004