1. TPR021 TDR MEMBER

Hi guys, got a friend on the road, Couple questions, Can the Dometic roof A/C be serviced or does it need to be replaced? Don't have the specs on the A/C, but it blows warm air. Also any place between Colorado Springs and Trinidad for diagnosis or repair? , or down U. S. 287 heading toward Dallas? I know it's not much info, but I'm the htird party relay. Thanks.

TPR021 , Jul 13, 2010
  2. MLee TDR MEMBER

TPR;

Has he pulled the shroud? look every thing over good. Look for wasp nest, in fans, anything that might move or effect operation of the AC. Pueblo is further south also.

Your saying that it does not cool at all? Does to cool and then stop cooling?

MLee , Jul 13, 2010
  3. B.G. Smith

They can be repaired, could be something as simple as the thermostat. Probably find some help in Dumas, Dalhart or Amarillo. Good luck. bg

B.G. Smith , Jul 13, 2010
  4. AClayton

Could be anything... ... ... if not cooling ar all and the fan runs,I would suspect the run cap for the compressor or burnt wiring due to a brown out or short cycling. I have noticed in my business of repairing A/C's,whether RV or residential,the run caps do not last as long as they used to. But without a doubt,it is worth the repairs vs. a new one!

Alan

AClayton , Jul 13, 2010
  5. TPR021 TDR MEMBER

Thanks for all the responses, Yeah, Fan runs, but just blows air ,not cool. not sure if the compressor is cycling. M. Lee, I'll have him climb up and check for wasps nest etc under the shroud. B. G. Thanks for that, might just check when he makes it here to Dallas, unless there is a good place down the line in those towns. AClayton, Good info, we'll take that knowledge to the shop, if need be. Thanks again.

TPR021 , Jul 13, 2010