Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Mc TDR MEMBER

I've seen some posts recently where guys have had LineX, stone guard or similar materials applied on their rocker panels to reduce the possibility of rust/stone chips. I think it's a great idea and looks good too from the pictures I've seen posted.

I've seen similar products (I think Rhino Liner) advertised on TV that you can install yourself and was wondering if anyone out there has used these products? Also, thoughts about self installation on the rocker panels with this (self install) product(s). If a smooth roller was used, would the finish be smooth (of course not as smooth as a spray application) but, if you don't have a spray booth available what's a guy to do if he'd rather spend what's left of his hard earned $ on Perf Bombs but, want's to have a truck that's not a rust bucket after he's done :confused:

Let'er rip guys . . .

Joe Mc , Oct 23, 2005
  2. monkeyman

This is my third truck that I had the Rhino applied on the Rockers just under the place where the side molding goes. It looks great and I have never received any dings or dents there.

Rick

monkeyman , Oct 23, 2005
  3. fkovalski

I have used the HercuLiner in the beds of both my trucks... . I like the do- it-y uourself stuff because it suits my needs. I use my truckfor camping and the occasional Home depot run and it is perfect for my non- demanding needs. If i were a contractor or in another 'heavy- duty' trade, i might think about the professionally installed liners; they are thicker and i can see them holding up to much more abbuse.

As far as rockers go- I applied my bed with the supplied rollers. The nap leaves quite a rough finish. I do not think that a smoother nap roller will make that much of a difference because the "rough- ness" comes from the rubberised granules in the mixture. This roughness is good in the bed for less slipage of items placed within. As much as I like the HercuLiner, I do not think I will put it on my rocker panels. I think the pro installed is the way I will go for this becauser of the way it looks.

fkovalski , Oct 24, 2005
  4. McCRam

The last time I was on durabaks website, they had a smooth bedliner that didn't have any bumps in it. I am thinking of using it on my rockers.

McCRam , Oct 31, 2005
  5. I SPEED

I just applied Herculiner to the bed of my truck. I was also thinking of doing the lower rocker panels with it. Trouble is, it has a very rough finish. Not sure if I would like it that way on the rockers.

[​IMG]#ad

I SPEED , Nov 4, 2005
  6. 95REDRAM

I've used the Rustoleum brand Road Warrior bed liner on my grill, headache rack, bed rail caps, and rear winch bumper. Also used it on a couple of tool boxes for my equipment trailer. Plan to put it on the trailer ramps to help with traction. It is an epoxy product, very tough and durable. If I were going to do the rocker panels on my truck I would use the same stuff. Right now I'm wanting to go stainless on the rockers. It does have a rough finish.

95REDRAM , Nov 4, 2005
  7. Willys

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
    Willys , Nov 5, 2005
  8. GLASMITHS

I used the smooth durabak on mine and it is great; with one exception. It does oxidise, just as the bed will. The durabak is a little more expensive but you can get it in many colors to match. I used an adhesive roller (very short nap) and you should clean all the lent out before hand with Xylene. Good thing about this is you can touch it up with a roller later.

PS: If you just want the regular stuff and in black you can get the Duplicolor here http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/. They are the cheapest I've seen, about $36. 00 and they are good people. They are in Louisville, KY. But I do believe the minium for UPS is $50. Mine is always truck shipment, so it is $29. 00 :-laf

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
    GLASMITHS , Nov 5, 2005
  9. Willys

What color did you use, and was it a UV treated version? I've noticed some is UV protected and some isn't.

Willys , Nov 5, 2005
  10. GLASMITHS

The stuff I got does oxidise but it comes off with a soft brush when washing it

LT GREY

GLASMITHS , Nov 5, 2005