1. Eagle6.7L

This guy needs his bed of his truck daily to take our kayaks and mountain bikes each day to there destination.I am really getting tired of asking my camp ground neighbors to help me lift my 125 pound 5th wheel receiver out of the bed of my truck....So after looking and talking with both tech supports from both it has come down to this 1).Lippert only endorse's Reese's gooseneck adapter for my pin box frame adapter.Food for throught my Forest River is only a 2016 so I had alot of warranty left according to Forest River. And my trailer rides on a Lippert Frame assembly. 2) Some people are stating that damage will accure to the frame if I use PopUp's RVGC Cushioned gooseneck.I have not seen any on the internet just non engineering rv expert's making video's on YouTube about this.3) The cost factor Reese's Conversion cost 1094.00 free shipping, the contender the PopUp is just 729.00 and free shipping as well. A 365.00 dallor saving's.Any thought....

Eagle6.7L , Apr 3, 2018
  2. BarryG TDR MEMBER

Checkout the Anderson ultimate fifth wheel connection at Anderson hitches

While it is a gooseneck conversion the ball rides high so there is not any extra stresses put on the fifth frame so they say. Weighs less than 50 lbs. whether you could collect or not but they do offer a warranty. It has a lot of good reviews. Seriously considering one myself. My bw companion is a good 150 lbs and while I can get it in and out it is freaking heavy and heavier than I want to deal with

BarryG , Apr 3, 2018
  3. Superdawg TDR MEMBER

I have a 4 wheeled wooden cart that is the same height as the bed of my truck. When I am not camping, I take the top off the Pullrite receiver (to make it lighter) and slide the contraption onto my cart and roll it into the garage.

Superdawg , Apr 3, 2018
  4. Superdawg TDR MEMBER

Sorry, I just realized you were in the campground. D'oh.

Superdawg , Apr 3, 2018
  5. GAmes TDR MEMBER

Why not just hook it to the kingpin, pull the mounting hardware and drive out from under it?

GAmes , Apr 4, 2018
  6. Eagle6.7L

I went with PoPUp RGVC Extension which captures the king pin and surrounds it with a box with a coupler it is adjustable for up to 6 inch of verticle heights.And sold my 5th wheel hitch.Glad I am rid of 185 lbs of weight..I really got tired of disassebmling it if nobody was around to help me lowere to the dolly.

Eagle6.7L , Apr 7, 2018