1. GWBourne

the trip went uneventfull. total weight was less than i had expected. i put the scales at 25,590 lbs. full tank of fuel, me not in the truck(add another 200lbs fully dressed) and trailer ready to go.

i will be looking for a smaller cargo box for the front of the trailer. thinking about placing all of the tools into a small covered trailer so i can move them place to place much easier. if i end up towing into a state in the future that does not allow doubles i can pull the blazer to the front a bit and put the trailer on the flat bed...

mileage with an 11 foot high "brick" wall behind me was 10. 1 for the entire 2800 mile trip, hand calc. VERY rare did i go over 59mph on the GPS. when i did mileage plumited to about 8. 5 on the overhead.

saw a lot of states, and this being the first time to live on the east coast, only the third time to be here... i like it...

Grant

GWBourne , Sep 18, 2006
  2. JSienkowski

Glad to hear your trip went well and all is safe!! Thanks for taking an active part in our country's security, hope all is well with your time in the Corps!

JSienkowski , Sep 19, 2006
  3. GWBourne

yeah, i think i will be a bit busy in the next 3 years... lol

i love the east coast sooo much more than the west.

going to be buying a house in the next couple of months i think.

Grant

GWBourne , Sep 19, 2006