1. Barry

I have been buying packages of travel trailers down on the Gulf Coast. This latest package was 11 units coming out of Livingston, La. and Gulfport, Ms.

This week while picking up some of the units I got a chance to talk to an RV transport driver pulling units out of Ga. to La. He said the factory that he pulled out of was turning out 15 units a day. (the FEMA rat boxes with a bed and bath and 1 window. No holding tanks or propane system. A little dormatory refer screwed to the wall)

Here is the kicker: Thursday I made a La. turn from Ft. Worth and passed over a hundred used FEMA trailers coming out of La. heading north to Shreveport. Not to mention the over 100 units I have bought and pulled out since March.

It's a mind boggling thang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our tax dollars at work... ... ... ... ... . !

Barry , Sep 16, 2006
  2. FourBarR

same screw ups occur all over the world. all goverment officials are trained in the school of fools. no different here in Canada.

FourBarR , Sep 16, 2006
  3. MoparBob

How much are those little trailers going for? I'm interested in a cheap travel trailer which I may have to use as "temporary quarters" for a little while. PM me if you don't want to put anything like that out on the forum as I assume you are buying these units to resell. Let me know what you'll sell me one for if that's the case.

MoparBob , Sep 16, 2006
  4. BK TDR MEMBER

A report aired on our local news about them. For some "code" reason from HUD, the emergency housing trailers could not be deployed down where they needed to be deployed cause it was a "flood prone area"... no joking, truth... . straight from the news investigation.

Now talk about screwed up!

5. Barry

Mopar Bob, there are all differant kinds of trailers. I am NOT buying any of the FEMA trailers. The ones I buy are from large corporations that bought regular RVs straight from dealers to house their people after the storms. Some are a little funky, some look like they were breeding badgers in them, but most are like new still on MSOs. (never been titled)

Email me so we do not do biz over the thread as per the TDR website rules...

PS: YOU BE CAREFUL OVER THERE! May God watch and keep you... ... ... ..... Barry

Barry , Sep 17, 2006
  6. Ol'TrailDog

NOW THAT'S NOT FAIR :eek:

They never gave me my diploma. :(

:-laf

Ol'TrailDog , Sep 17, 2006
  7. Schlickenmeyer

try nex to the airport in Hope, Arkansas. there are nearly 10,000 fema trailers.

empty, and unused. All 2 and 3 bedroom. $300 million worth, $4 million for the gravel they sit on. $25,000 per month rent on the land.

Fema's rules did not allow for them to put mobile homes in a flood zone.

Yer tax dollars at work.

Schlickenmeyer , Sep 17, 2006
  8. KBalzuweit

I have been seeing new Fema trailers rolling out of the Elkhart, In area lately. I was told they ordered 60,000 :eek: units to be prepared just in case?!?! Tax dollars hard at work :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( :-laf .

KBalzuweit , Sep 17, 2006
  9. Barry

The units in Hope Ar. are mobile homes. While there are 13,000 units stored at the Hope airport, there are 3 other locations in Ar. that have over 5,000 units each stored. I was told that the FEMA Rat Boxes that are being pulled out of So. La. are destined for storage in Hope... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..... I leave tommorow morning for Gulfport, Ms. to retrieve the 2 units that I bought that are there. I'll see what I can find out and post when I get back in Wed. night... ... ... ... ... ... B

Barry , Sep 17, 2006
  10. WDixon27

whats it take to pull for fema and is the pay worth it? i am in baton rouge and wouldn't mind recouping some of my tax dollars on the weekends, if you don't mind my asking

WDixon27 , Sep 17, 2006
  11. R C Cola

FEMA trailers

It has been a few months ago but, the only way I could get any info was to..... talk with some of the individual drivers. I spoke with about 4 at that time. I was hauling trailers in to Baton Rouge for Bennett Transport and making

$1. 85/ mile on 2000 miles plus a bonus. The local drivers told me they were getting about $ 250 per trip to take them down to New Orleans (justover a hundred miles) At that time there were so many drivers available for the local runs that they said 1 to 3 trips per week was average. ( I wondered if he was lying to keep away competition) Beings you live there someone you know must know one of these local drivers you could talk to. You should be able to find out

who the companies are and talk to the person who does the hiring. They used to be lined up at the gate and you could walk over and talk with them. I would sure check it out. Oo.

Good Luck... . Let us know what you find out.

R C Cola , Sep 19, 2006