1. TowPro

I am looking at a 2000 Gulfstream, Yellowstone, 33FBW.
    Anybody own one of these that can coment on the quality of them?

One question I have is It shows a Hitch weight of 2200 lbs. Wonder how my 2500 will work with that weight? Not sure what my current camper is, but its also a double slide model.

The GVWR is right around what my manual says is my max, and at 10500 empty, its about 1500 more then I run now.

Now I tow a 2000 Terry 30-5G 2 slide 5th wheel, I used to love it, but the fiberglass just started to delamanate, and I don't want to have to take it back to the factory for a month or so to get it fixed. they say "use it until winter" but the fiberglass is sticking out about 1" about for a 2' long section where the fiberglass is joined and catching all the rain water! man am I pi$$ed

Anyway, the dealer is a big Terry - Sunline dealer, and bought all the stock from another dealer that was going out of bussiness, part of the deal was they picked up 2 new 2000 yellowstones.

One problem that could come up is if something goes wrong with the actual trailer, the dealer can't do the warrantee work, and we all know how it is getting warrantee work done somewhere when you did not buy it there.
    They did say they can do the warrantee work on things like the refrig, etc, but not the actual coach.

Then that brings around the part about price. They are asking 3K more then what nada guides says its worth as "great condition, used". It is new, but does this lack their ability to do warrantee work mean I should get a better price?

TowPro , May 16, 2001
  2. Barry

I do not show a 33FBW in my NADA dealer guide. There is a 33 FRB and a 33 FRK both have 2 slides. Book on them is $19. 1K wholesale and $26. 6 retail.

------------------
    2001 2500 QC, ETH/DEE,4:10s,LSD,EZ with elbow(28psi)Stage 1 injectors from Carl,Boost/Pyro Guages,4" Turbo back,BD Brake,Mag-Hytec Cover,Kleen Wheels,Energy Release,70 gal. fuel,20K Reese. 31,000 Miles on 03/01/01 TDR grille Badge(Auto/Truck/RV Dealer)Honda GL 1500 SE Pearl White for fun.

Barry , May 16, 2001
  3. brobeson

My 5er (35ft. triple slide) has a hitch wieght of 2700# and in works fine on my 2500 4X4. Even though this over grosses my truck, it sits perfectly level. I do have the Camper package with overload springs and that helps.

Be very careful with your tires, use the correct pressure, you do NOT want any tire problems at 70 MPH.

Bob

------------------
    2001 3500, SLT+, Green, Tan leather, Duel Power Seats, HO, 6 speed, 4X6, 4. 10, Towing Package, Trailer Tow mirrors, Camper Package, Sliding rear Window, Jacob’s E-brakes (Dodge), Electric Steps (Dodge), Mud Flaps on all 4s (Dodge) Line-X over the rail bed liner, 20K Reese 5th wheel Hitch with Gooseneck, 30” toolbox and tailgate box. Factory ordered, Picked up on 5-15-01. WOW!

Also have a 1998. 5, 2500, SLT, Red over Driftwood, 24V, 4X4, Auto, 4. 10, Light Group, Camper Special group, Convenience Group, Travel Group, Trailer Group, Keyless entry, 5 band EQ and 6 disk changer. (truck is 4-Sale)

brobeson , May 16, 2001
  4. lhend50

I had a 96 Gulfstream 5th wheel and liked it alot after I worked out all the bugs due to poor quality control. Most were minor, but did not need to be there at all. I now tow a 33ft Nemar Kountry Star triple slide. I added Air Lift superduty air bags and the keeps eveything nice and level. I also went to Goodyear G159 tires just to be sure I did not exceed the tire weight. The trailer tows great. Good Luck Lou

lhend50 , May 18, 2001