Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo Terry

For when tailgate is off and truck camper slide in is in bed. Where can I get one and prices please. Thanks

Turbo Terry , Feb 22, 2022
  2. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Did you order the tow-mode wired camera and digital rear view mirror?

AH64ID , Feb 22, 2022
  3. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Can you order that for a Tradesman?

Ozymandias , Feb 22, 2022
  4. Turbo Terry

It was never offered. Tradesman yes. I think it makes the console on the center of the windshield awful big so I really didn’t even ask

Turbo Terry , Feb 22, 2022
  5. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Yes you can.

It’s in the rear view mirror and the same size as the non tow-mode camera mirror.

AH64ID , Feb 22, 2022
    Ozymandias likes this.
  6. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Without that option you may have to get creative and do a custom camera mount. I’ll try to find the part number tomorrow for the bare camera.

AH64ID , Feb 22, 2022
  7. bcbender TDR MEMBER

Is there a way to do it through the 12" screen. I did not get the feature either, but was thinking about how I could add it for my 5er. Could one buy the camera and make an adapter plugin to the tailgate camera?

bcbender , Feb 23, 2022
  8. John Jensen

9. bcbender TDR MEMBER

that's interesting,. I wonder how far that cable can be extended, I would need alot more than 14.5' :D

bcbender , Feb 23, 2022
    AH64ID likes this.
  10. John Jensen

Extend it with a Bingfu Fakra Z Female to Male Vehicle Antenna Extension Cable. On Amazon it comes in different lengths

John Jensen , Feb 23, 2022
  11. Turbo Terry

Nice looking units. Rostra is a good brand might be a bit speedy but you get what you pay for

Turbo Terry , Feb 23, 2022
  12. Turbo Terry

Thanks

13. Topzide TDR MEMBER

@bcbender, You'll be okay at that length whether an extension or single length cable. Only get interesting when you cross that 75' barrier! If I were you, get that kit and the the proper length for the 5er and use the 14.5' as a jumper between the truck and trailer. Then the end on the trailer, find some sort of a cap to protect the end. Just a thought.

Topzide , Feb 23, 2022
    John Jensen likes this.
  14. Turbo Terry

I’m seeing $415 to my door

15. Turbo Terry

In Alaska

16. bcbender TDR MEMBER

Yeah.... I think that sounds like the best plan... I would just get the whole shooting match and a new OEM camera.. mount it permanently on the 5er and just plug / unplug as needed. Trailer is 45' so still have room it sounds for the extra 14.5'

bcbender , Feb 24, 2022
    Topzide likes this.
  17. Turbo Terry

Just ordered a back up camera complete plug in to my tail gate from MR Auto Electronics above. A Rostra 250-8698 for $300 shipped. This is for my tradesman with no side or front camera. Just the rear only.

Turbo Terry , Mar 7, 2022