Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SStiss

Hey, does anyone know what I need to do to fix the read passenger side door lock. It will lock with the keyless remote and the door lock buttons on the front two doors but it will not unlock. It will unlock manually though. I checked the child lock and it was not engaged. It's not that big of a deal, but it's kinda embarassing when I've got more than 2 passengers, and it's inconvenient when I am trying to get into the back seat. I really don't want to take my truck into the dealer for something like this. :eek:

SStiss , May 1, 2008
  2. Ragain

Just noticed on my '08 near the rear passenger side door latch mechanism is a tab for manually locking/unlocking the door. I haven't even had time to read through the owners manual and learn what the reason is for the lock tab. does your truck have this?

Ragain , May 1, 2008
  3. opjohnny

you might check for busted wires going to the door. Common problem. Do a search for several posts on this subject.

opjohnny , May 2, 2008
  4. AllianceDiesel

sounds like you have a broken wire, most likely but it also could be your front master switch

mopar

AllianceDiesel , May 2, 2008
  5. SStiss

Should I take the door panel off to check the wires? It's odd because about 1 in every 10 times it will work. If the master switch was messed up, would the rest of the locks work?

SStiss , May 2, 2008
  6. opjohnny

the break is in the open area at the hinge. I have fixed it both ways(door panel off and on). Ihad to remove the door panel because the door side of the wiring went into the door after it broke. The good news was with the door panel off it was easier to fix.

opjohnny , May 2, 2008