Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cummins86dwr.

I have a 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 I bought a new set of led headlights for my truck and I installed them and tested and they worked fine but as soon as I put truck in gear they go out. They work in park but as soon as I move to any gear they flicker twice and go out. If I turn the lights off and the truck off together for a few seconds lights will come back on when I crank truck again then go off again as soon as I put truck in gear. The lights have a built in resistor already. I have the same brand/style of light for my fog lights and no issues. Any ideas? Thanks

Cummins86dwr. , Dec 19, 2020
  2. bnelson

On my 2006 I needed a canbuss deallywhapper that goes between the vehicle and the new led headlights, one on each side. They said Dodge was one of the few that need it. $29 the pair.

bnelson , Dec 22, 2020
  3. WBraico

I have a question, I've installed these on my second gen Dodge 3500 and without projector lens they just spray light everywhere. Will I get the same results if I put some on my 07 RAM 2500 with the oem non projector housings?

WBraico , Mar 4, 2021
  4. bnelson

My led headlight "bulbs" had to be "clocked" into the correct (12:00 o'clock/6:00 o'clock) position making sure the unit isn't 180° ( hi beam and low beam reversed).
    Seems that the offshore led makers didn't get the memo that the U.S. market is accustomed to headlight bulbs that work "plug and play."

bnelson , Mar 4, 2021
    Jim W and bcbender like this.
  5. MichaelOverfield

Odd, if the they consistently go out with the shift of the transmission, then something that takes a transmission signal input, and has some control of the head lights seems to be suspect. That could be a TIPM issue.. a quick trouble shooting test, put the old bulbs in, see what it's doing. Also do a voltage check at the bulb, and verify your GROUNDS. Another possible issue is the grounds. If you have bad ground, it could do something like this as well, and there could be some other electrical load sharing that same ground point that sees a new load with the engine in drive, and that load interrupts the head light ground path.

MichaelOverfield , Mar 4, 2021
    Darkbloodmon likes this.
  6. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Maybe the DRL circuit is messing up something? That comes on when shifting into gear.

Ozymandias , Mar 4, 2021
    JKosten likes this.
  7. TSandner TDR MEMBER

I put SuperNova brand in mine, yesterday based on an article in the TDR. Same problem, as soon as I started the truck for a test drive they blinked a few times and went out. The SuperNova bulbs come with an inline module for Dodge/Ram products with the CANbus that is supposed to take care of that problem. Obviously not. What junk. I am now sending them back for a refund.

TSandner , Jul 29, 2021
  8. bcbender TDR MEMBER

I put Hikari's in my 04, really nice and bright but required the can bus adaptor to keep the "lamp out" indicator from illuminating and also would flicker w/o it.

bcbender , Jul 29, 2021
  9. Blakers

Are those just LED bulbs, or whole headlight housing units? How is the light pattern, and how do they compare with halogen bulbs?

Blakers , Jul 30, 2021
  10. Regcabguy

Same deal with me on our Honda Pilot. Epic fail.

Regcabguy , Aug 15, 2021
  11. Blakers

Watch this video. I got a lot out of it.

Blakers , Aug 16, 2021