1. socal_rattler

The lighting on my radio went out so I can't see station number, etc

Radio works fine, just can't see display.

Before I tear the thing out to troubleshoot, does anyone know if there are replaceable bulbs inside the radio?

socal_rattler , Oct 23, 2023
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Replaceable by soldering from what I've seen.
    Dive into Google with the exact Radio Type and MY as a search term to find pictures and help. That's what I did years ago on my Jeep and found help for.

Ozymandias , Oct 23, 2023
    BigPapa likes this.
  3. Chief USA TDR MEMBER

The short term & not meaning to be a smartass, the non-technical fix is a moderate percussion adjustment with the soft side back of your fist. My wife's truck radio does the same thing. It is a intermittent contact problem with the leds in the radio. I suspect moderate corrosion with age.

Chief USA , Oct 23, 2023
    BigPapa likes this.
  4. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

And, these radios were used in most every Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep from surrounding years.

BigPapa , Oct 23, 2023
    Ozymandias likes this.
  5. Road Dog TDR MEMBER

The button backlights are [probably] tiny incandescent bulbs soldered to the printed circuit board. The display itself is a vacuum fluorescent display. It may be as simple as a broken connection or the display is pooched and needs replacing.

Road Dog , Oct 24, 2023
  6. Joe Mc TDR MEMBER

There are little bulbs with twist out sockets that 1/4 turn (pretty sure) into a circuit board once you take the radio out and unscrew the face. If the display is gone then that'll need to be replaced.

Joe Mc , Nov 1, 2023