1. Randomrunner12

Hey all,

now that part of my issue has been addressed on another thread for shocks. Why can't/won't the body mount kits for 06-09 trucks work on 03-05? Are the mounting locations that different? I don't have a comparison truck to look at.

All I can find a red poly units on Ebay/partsgeek/amazon and they look like crap units.

Randomrunner12 , Jun 7, 2024
  2. slowmover

3. Randomrunner12

I actually just found that after more digging around and thats what I plan to do!!!

slowmover likes this.
  4. slowmover

https://sbfilters.com/pages/body-mounts

From reviews:

2004 DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS

“So, my year of truck doesn't have an option for new body mounts. OEM has been discontinued and S&B hasn't made our version (yet). The 2003-2005 body mounts don't use a cylindrical mount. There are different "ears" on the mounts in different orientations that fit only one way in each mount. Pointless, over-engineered from Dodge, IMO. For 2006, they got their act together and updated the mounts to a standard hole, into which these fit.

Now, I'm not the first to do this so I can't take credit, but you can use a carbide insert hole saw and modify the 2003-2005 mount locations to accept these 2006 mounts. It's a lot of work to get through the frame locations 8X as it's heat-treated steel, but by so doing you’ve made yourself the same thru-holes as the 2006 frame.

It's a tight fit for the cups in a couple of the mounts, so you have to knock a couple edges off or they might rub depending on the model. But, once they are in, these are a night & day difference from stock. The ride was noticeably better instantly on the first drive. It solved all the popping & cracking that I could hear & feel in the cab through the frame whenever the truck hit a pothole, or the suspension flexed.

It also solved what sounded to be a "squeal" from my Southbend clutch, which turned out to be the vibration of clutch engagement resonating through the frame & body via bad cab mounts making me think it was a clutch-related issue. Once these S&B mounts were installed that noise went away, too.

Very happy with these, but it would have been nice to have a set from them that works for the 2003-2005 2500's body mounts so that most people can avoid the frame modification.”

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
    slowmover , Jun 7, 2024
    Rowdy Dalton and Michaelsloft like this.
  5. Randomrunner12

Slow mover,

so we started this thread, I sent S&B and email and got this back!!!!

Anthony,

We started working on body mounts about 6 years ago. We have an engineer working on body mounts right now, he is working on the Broncos, early GM trucks and 03-05 Ram. We will have the Ram mounts ready this year, most of the R&D was done when we did the 06-09 body mounts.

Appreciate you reaching out! The engineer understands the urgency for the project :)
    Sincerely,

Cayman Carter

Breathe easy. Your engine and warranty are protected.

looks like I am holding out for a little while longer just for ease of install!!!!

AH64ID and slowmover like this.
  6. slowmover

Leaf Spring Eye Bushing, plus shackle bushings, also (OEM rubber, not aftermarket poly) to finish address of ride-related.

Inspect motor/trans mounts also.

Obviously, front end control arm bushings, etc, may have deteriorated since new.

Cab cushions plus these contribute to straight-line tracking. Not always noticed, solo, but quite evident when towing.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
    slowmover , Jun 7, 2024
  7. slowmover

That’s good news (2024 release of ‘03-‘05 cushions). Thanks for contacting them.

slowmover , Jun 7, 2024
    Randomrunner12 likes this.
  8. Randomrunner12

All this already addressed. It was the body mounts that had slipped my mind

slowmover likes this.
  9. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Good to hear that, maybe a reason to replace these https://www.genosgarage.com/product/ES-54115G/cab-mounts that have served me well for the last 10 years. More comfort is always appreciated on gravel roads.

Ozymandias , Jun 8, 2024
    Randomrunner12 and slowmover like this.
  10. Randomrunner12

I saw those but ya lost me at the polyurethane as that can be known to squeak over time. I’m holding out for S&B. Told them I’d email once every 2 months to see where they are at with it lol.

Randomrunner12 , Jun 8, 2024
    slowmover likes this.
  11. slowmover

Poly transmits vibration. But at least it’s available as damaged cushions do one no good.

slowmover , Jun 8, 2024
  12. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Yeah, that's right, I had some problems with squeaky bushings in control arms. Interestingly the body mounts are totally quiet.
    And back then ut was the only option aside from factorynwhich would have cost me an arm and a leg. Couple hundred dollar each..

But if S&B kept the price at the now level I'd wait for them. Jm2C.

Kept us updated once they become available, im all ears.

Ozymandias , Jun 9, 2024
    User113 likes this.
  13. Randomrunner12

Hey yall, another question, is there a visible difference between the 03-05 and 06-09 body mounts when they ARE ON THE TRUCK.

I know in the above post from Cummins forum it shows pictures of the difference between them when not installed. (03-05 have a wing style) (06-09 are just circular)

I’m asking because yesterday while under truck looking at all my new shiny big boy parts, I noticed my body mounts are circular but I don’t know if that is just the plate that holds the mounts in or not. I am having a hard time searching for comparison photos between the 2 so thought I’d ask yall.

Randomrunner12 , Jun 11, 2024
  14. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

The outside is always round, the cutout is invisible, you'd have to disassemble one to see it.

Ozymandias , Jun 11, 2024
  15. Randomrunner12

damn, lol was hoping to avoid that so going to assume they are the correct mounts since this truck has other of year stuff on it lol. Come on S&B. Lol

Randomrunner12 , Jun 11, 2024
  16. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

5 second to check the one under the drivers seat using an impact.
    If you really want to know ahead.

Ozymandias , Jun 11, 2024
    Randomrunner12 likes this.
  17. Randomrunner12

Little update yall, S&B will start shipping body mounts for the 03-05 trucks end of 2024. you can verify on your own at their website.

Randomrunner12 , Jul 1, 2024 at 5:21 AM
    Ozymandias and slowmover like this.