Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flopster843

I'm about to change the HVAC doors in my truck because one of them finally broke. I was researching a good replacement sets and came across two different companies offering better doors, Heater Treater and Blend Door USA. I found Heater Treater info all over the net, but couldn't find much about Blend Door USA so I figured I'd offer you guys some comparison pictures between the two. This is a recirculation door for a 2008 Ram 2500.

Heater Treater door is the steel one with mild surface rust, Blend Door USA door is the aluminum one.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Heater Treater Driver

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Blend Door USA driver

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Blend Door USA also has an option to re-use your original plastic driver (the part that doesn't typically fail) to save you a few $$$.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

The arms that tie the two sets of blend doors together.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

At this time, Blend Door USA is the only one to offer a set of doors for the dual climate control system. These re-use the original plastic drivers.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    Flopster843 , May 8, 2016
  2. Shadrach

Thanks. I used Heater treater on my 03 and just changed the one door. So far my 08 has acted up a couple of times. I just left it in partial defrost all winter as I don't use the truck much in the cold.

David

Shadrach , May 8, 2016
  3. Bob4x4

Interesting,I have never cared for steel doors,in the 60-70's I would see rust issues in the HVAC housings and some in the 80-90's.The plastic splined adapters do break.The good news is when you buy the oem recirc housing you get new stronger splined adapters.One common thing I see on forums people are calling all doors blend doors.Each door in the housing is different and has it's own name and function.As the 3rd gens age and we keep them longer I am sure we will see more vendors keeping us supplied with repair parts.

Bob4x4 , May 9, 2016
  4. Tuesdak

For the labor and cost of labor to get there from here re-using any brittle old plastic part is asking to do the expensive job over again. Always plenty of time to do the job over vs. do it right the first time. With the cost and trouble to get the aftermarket doors in the first place why skimp?

Their website is under maintenance so I can't answer the question of cost. Hopefully competition will get Heater Treater to offer the dual blend doors and reduce cost for all of us.

Tuesdak , May 9, 2016
  5. Flopster843

I got some requests for a video comparing the two sets of doors, so I threw one together and put it online.

https://youtu.be/mNMxY9Ghn3E

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Flopster843 , May 11, 2016