Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 06 Dodge

Well I went an put the deposit on a truck that is still at the factory, the few that are in stock around me are $80K an up and wrong color, they tell me they hope it will be here in around 45-60 days.. I chose the Granite Crystal along with chrome bumpers, the sport looks good but I would then need to put a protective film on the bumpers it to keep them looking good so I can use that money for undercoat & running boards. I hope this truck will be as good to me as my old 2006 was...

06 Dodge , Jan 24, 2022
    AH64ID, monovasia, Topzide and 4 others like this.
  2. CToney

I put Excalibur running boards on my truck. Not cheap but hopefully they will last a long time. Factory style fender flares were also added at the same time. My truck didn’t come with rear fender liners, I added them later as well. It was definitely a learning experience. Look back through the threads here I’m sure you’ll find a lot of interesting tid bits.

CToney , Jan 26, 2022
  3. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

AH64ID , Jan 26, 2022
  4. 06 Dodge

The URL with equipment listing was great link as the truck has a few more things then I thought it did, instead of waiting on 100% my build the dealer had several being built that I had most of my want list one color I was looking for ( it did not have rear wheel liners oh well can be put in later ) so put deposit down as it was the fastest way to get a new truck ( other then buying one some dealer has in stock at 80K or more) my 2006 sold much quicker then I expected and I didn't want to be 16-20 without a truck to drive, I hate it now that I have to wait on my daughter to take me anywhere :( but at least no more spending lot's of time trying to locale a truck somewhere in the USA that had what I wanted and at the $$ I wanted to spend.

06 Dodge , Jan 26, 2022
    AH64ID likes this.
  5. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Since the equipment list has populated I would guess the truck will arrive sooner than later.

AH64ID , Jan 26, 2022
  6. 06 Dodge

I was told it was just getting finished up ( as of their last update last week) and then I'm told it has a wait time in storage before it gets on the train, train time has been getting slower since mid Nov, once it gets to Spokane on average its been taking 2 weeks + or - to get to dealership then they want a day or two to add running boards and undercoat and then I can go pick it up...

06 Dodge , Jan 26, 2022
    AH64ID likes this.
  7. 06 Dodge

Is their anyway to check at FCA to see when it ships that so as to not bug the salesman :)

06 Dodge , Jan 26, 2022
  8. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

FCA chat can give you some info, but the dealer should have the best.

AH64ID , Jan 26, 2022
  9. SBashaw

Just sold my 06 too. starting the search for a 2022 Laramie. found 11 in CA.

SBashaw , Feb 18, 2022
  10. 06 Dodge

I was told today my truck is now in Spokane train yard, but it may take 2 weeks to get off train and trucked the short trip to dealer in Kellogg ID :(:( ...

06 Dodge , Feb 18, 2022
  11. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

My BIL’s truck was getting off the train 3 weeks ago and he’s picking it up in Kellogg on Monday.

AH64ID , Feb 19, 2022
    NIsaacs and 06 Dodge like this.
  12. GroundSquirrel

Good to hear people are still buying from Kellogg. I bought my 2016 from there; most easy vehicle purchase ever.

GroundSquirrel , Feb 19, 2022
  13. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Great experience buying my 11 HO DRW there in 2012. Tried to buy a 19 Jeep Grand Cherokee in 19. That was a big **** show with smoke and mirrors.

My son's friend just ordered and picked up this Durango HellCat at DS and had a good experience so maybe they got their CHITZ together now.

[​IMG]#ad

Cummins12V98 , Feb 19, 2022
    promisedland likes this.
  14. endoscott

My friend was going to buy a used 2019 there a couple years ago and it was a horrible experience for him, I won't say they lied to him bc maybe the sales guy was just an idiot...but...he ended up getting his deposit back and buying elsewhere. I bought my 2014 there and had a great experience, did the whole transaction online, but when I checked in with them last year they blew me off completely unless I would give them my phone number and have a guy call me. No, I just wanted to get a price on a new truck just like my old truck, then we can talk. They wouldn't do it. Something has changed at DS, probably due to them being bought out in 2015 and possibly again in 2021, not sure.

endoscott , Feb 19, 2022
  15. GroundSquirrel

I've heard DS has changed also.

We went to them them when my wife wanted another Durango in 2017. Apparently, those big discounts only apply to pickups. We bought local instead

GroundSquirrel , Feb 19, 2022
  16. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

They don’t do the big discounts on pickups anymore either and won’t match other dealership prices. They are 3K above invoice and that’s it.

AH64ID , Feb 19, 2022
  17. 06 Dodge

DS was the only place west of the Mississippi that had a 2500 Big Horn 4x4 CTD (under 75K) that I could put money down an lock its price and without added dealer markup even though it was still at the factory. I was shocked to see some wanted up to $10,000 mark up on trucks so when DS had one that was close to what I was looking for I jumped on it and with luck I will be driving it home by 3/12...

06 Dodge , Feb 19, 2022
  18. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

This was ordered from DS with a sticker of $99,665, that is what he paid.

5DA7EFAA-D7BF-43C1-8C00-06830EF14303_4_5005_c.jpeg #ad

Cummins12V98 , Feb 20, 2022