Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.G. Smith

When I run dose of this through my 06 it makes the overhead mpg go up about four miles per gallon. I don't think my mileage actually increases that much. Usually running empty the overhead will go up to around 18 to 20, with the additive it goes to 23. 24. Anyone noticed this when running additives. bg

B.G. Smith , Oct 6, 2015
  2. Killgore

B.G. I think I've noticed at least 1-2 MPG better on the Lie-o-Meter around town when using the PS Diesel Kleen. With this auxiliary tank and not using the OEM tank fill, I can't verify very easily with hand calibration. It's probably my imagination but I think I'm getting some benefit.
    - Ed

Killgore , Oct 7, 2015
  3. p-Bar

I think there is some cetane in there to pep things up

p-Bar , Oct 7, 2015
  4. Regcabguy

I've tried them all. Nothing here. The only mpg increase I've observed is burning diesel out of California.

Regcabguy , Oct 7, 2015
  5. DennyDay

Same thing I find with my '06, especially if I'm using cheap fuel from Murphy or WalMart. Think it is the Centane rating boost of the fuel being used. I've used Diesel Clean in my trucks since 1980 (Ford and GM) and had the same experience in all of them

DennyDay , Nov 7, 2015
  6. Killgore

Good point, Denny. I normally fill up with Murphy's which is running $2.09 right now. The PS Diesel Kleen is costing me about $.075 per gallon so I'm back to what I would be spending for one of the premium brands. I pick up the added lubrication and detergents in the PS as an already paid for benefit.

Ed

Killgore , Nov 8, 2015
  7. DennyDay

Ran into Murphy in Wharton, TX last week for $1.969, had to buy it!

DennyDay , Nov 9, 2015
  8. MLee TDR MEMBER

Here's a welcome to UTAH one of the highest in the nation for Diesel fuel prices. $2.43--$2.59 depending where you are in the state. And we have a lot of crude refined here from the fields that are close by.

MLee , Nov 10, 2015
  9. brods

You are not alone. Southeast MI is $2.56 to $2.75 for the low prices going all the way up to $3.29.

brods , Nov 10, 2015