Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunch

In the event of a deployment where would the passenger side airbag pop out from? I was watching a Law and Order episode where I guy hid a gun in the airbag compartment and the cops punched some button combination on the dash to get it to pop open. I went out and looked on my truck and I can't even see where the airbag would come from. I wasn't aware that it was that easy to access. Is it TV schlock, or can it really be done?

And no, I'm not planning on stashing a gun in there...

Crunch , Apr 16, 2004
  2. CWheeler

As far as I know the side impact airbag should come out of the side of the seat.

CWheeler , Apr 16, 2004
  3. Crunch

I meant the primary airbag for the passenger side. I know the truck has one, but I couldn't see where they put it.

I take that back. I looked at it again and saw the "SRS Airbag" on there, but it just looks like the dash facing, not a trap door.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
    Crunch , Apr 16, 2004
  4. Bertram65

I saw the same episode pretty cool, a DEA agent told me those really exist, if they think a car has one they will tear it appart until they find it. Dash boards I have seen where a passenger air bag deployed usually have a flap of that stays attached where the bag pops out of. The weak areas that tear allowing the bag to come out are probably visable from the back side of the dash.

Bertram65 , Apr 16, 2004
  5. RobertBolinger

The side curtain air bag comes out of the ceiling.

Here is a picture of a Ford interior after airbag deployment-ours is similar...

[​IMG]#ad

RobertBolinger , Apr 16, 2004
  6. plntmgr

The side airbag deploys from above the windows on the '03 models.

plntmgr , Apr 17, 2004