Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigceltic TDR MEMBER

Good Saturday Afternoon to you all!

I am finally going to get my blend door prob fixed once and for all with blend door USA doors and new actuators, etc.

My question is with respect to the screen that is supposedly in there that diverts air to the back (I have the rear vents). I have very low flow panel vents in the front, and have had low flow for as long as I can remember. If I have the screens, and remove them when I pull the HVAC box for the blend door repair, I have read that the panel airflow greatly improves.

Anyone have experience with the effect on the rear vent airflow? I don't want to totally cut that off (reduce too much). Thanks in advance.

George

bigceltic , Apr 1, 2023
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

No idea about the Mega - but have you ever performed the "reset blenddoor" routine?
    On mine it improved air flow quite a bit.... I think it compensated for the gone foam seals...

Ozymandias , Apr 1, 2023
  3. bigceltic TDR MEMBER

I have not. How does one perform that routine? Thanks, Ozy.

bigceltic , Apr 2, 2023
  4. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

I did it with AutoEnginuity. DRB III can do it to.

Maybe there is a solution with pushing buttons on the HVAC head unit but I'd have to dig into it with google.

Ozymandias , Apr 2, 2023
  5. bigceltic TDR MEMBER

Thanks, I look forward to any additional info. However, I am getting the doors replaced. I can hear the (one of?) the blend doors banging around behind the dash. A couple of years ago I replaced just the fresh air door due to the factory one breaking.

bigceltic , Apr 2, 2023
    Ozymandias likes this.