1. TWebster

I recently installed a single disk SB clutch, all new components but the clutch linkage. I've already come to the conclusion that I need to replace this, but what I'm asking for help on, is the $325 price tag for the SB hydraulics really worth the extra expense over the standard replacement at substantially less money. Please explain why, other than "you get what you pay for"

TIA

TWebster , Jan 12, 2018
  2. Prairie Dog

Not in my experience. I installed the HD hyd's and it transmitted an annoying buzz through the clutch pedal. It also doesn't make pedal effort any better nor are the bore sizes of the "HD" components any bigger. The difference seems to be that the parts are metal instead of various types of plastic - no big deal to me and in fact I prefer nylon, etc. to metal that corrodes..
    I eventually sent the POS HD unit back and bought a new Dodge mater/slave kit. Effort was better and it was smooth operating.
    All this with a SBC clutch.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Prairie Dog , Jan 16, 2018
  3. TWebster

Thanks Prairie Dog,

I really wanted some input from someone who had used one of them. I'll go with the oem replacement.

TWebster , Jan 17, 2018
  4. Tuesdak

I did a SBC along with the SB HD hydraulics. No one could explain why there was an adjustment on the rod to the pedal. I had to tighten the nut up as the incompetent shop I no longer use left it loose and it made noise. (The vibration causing the loose nut to rattle was from a missing dowel pin and trans misalignment that was fixed elsewhere.) Regardless I have no complaints about the SB hydraulics.

Tuesdak , Jan 17, 2018
  5. TWebster

Is there, in your opinion, a justifiable reason to spen nearly double for the SB Hydraulics, compared to stock or say rock auto. I guess all I'm really wanting to know, is if the money spent is more for the name of the outfit selling it, or it truly has an over the top rugged design and build for the money.

Thanks much for the feed back

TWebster , Jan 18, 2018
  6. ranger 393

I replaced mine with the SB hydros, I can't say that they are any better than the factory. They are a little stiffer. The only reason I replaced them was because I had taken mine loose at the trans to run a bore scope in to look at my throw out bearing and miss aligned it when I put it back and when I pressed the clutch in..hmm well you can figure the rest out.:{

ranger 393 , Jan 18, 2018