1. EdZacko

OK,
    I finally found someone here in Phoenix area who knows the NV4500 and gave them the rig to do a complete rebuild on the gear box.
    I got it back in a timely manner and it rins, shifts and droves great.
    However---
    After two days of test driving, it started to rain heavily and again as a further test I engaged 4WD. That also worked fine except that the dash light that shows 4 wheel did not illuminate.

At the same time I noticed that I had a "Generator " light come up and---very loew voltage on the battery gauge. HMMM----something disconnected?

My multi meter confirmed that NOTHING was coming out of the alternator and nothing was going into the batteries(recently replaced).

Removed the alternator, took it to Oreily and had it spin tested----both alt and reg were non functional---
    new alternator and am now charging nicely.

Was this merely coincidence? Opinions welcome here----

While under the truck to see if i could find any sort of electrical wire that had not been connected(4WD Light) I noticed that there were TWO metal tubes that were just sitting there non connected and also a conduit which contains two plastic tubes(one red the other Black) They LOOK like they should be connected but there seems to be a connector that has been cut off.

I called the shop that did the repair and the guy who did the work will be off until next week but in the meantime I wonder about these tubes and the advisability of driving with them disconnected.

So---three issues 1. Alternator failure 2. No 4WD light 3. these lines and tubes
    Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.
    Happy New Year to all and thinaks
    Ram 2500.JPG #ad

EdZacko , Dec 27, 2021
  2. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

I’d say they’re parts of this. Someone more familiar with the 4X4 will have to help you further.

C317B59F-0620-4B64-BFBB-B6FFFDFB6BA3.jpeg #ad

BigPapa , Dec 27, 2021
  3. Killer223

who did the work? Fred swanson still around?

Killer223 , Dec 27, 2021
  4. EdZacko

This was done at "Transmission Factory" in Phoenix AZ. Dont have the name of the actual guy who did the work. Will get to meet him after he returns.

EdZacko , Dec 28, 2021
  5. EdZacko

I neglected to mention that this is from a 97 Ram/Cummins ------This might explain why the light does not come on. Will investigate further,
    Thanks

EdZacko , Dec 28, 2021
  6. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

12AAEEA9-6EB2-4A24-B308-4FBE3D1899D5.jpeg #ad

BigPapa , Dec 28, 2021
  7. K.L.Schumacher TDR MEMBER

Looks like the vacuum lines to front axle CAD System. One appears broken probably due to age and getting brittle. Hook them back up to those 2 steel lines. You have a 50/50 chance they are hooked up correctly. If light doesn't operate properly, Reverse connections.

K.L.Schumacher , Jan 5, 2022
  8. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Ozymandias , Jan 5, 2022