Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuesdak

Time to look into replacement options for my dash. Even though it's had a dash mat on it forever it's still cracked. carpartmetropolis on Ebay is selling a fiberglass dashboard replacement. I was curious if anyone has any experience with the fiberglass dash or even knows some rumors about it?

Geno's doesn't appear to carry the ABS one on their website anymore.

Tuesdak , Dec 23, 2017
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Buy a used one on ebay/amazon from a northern state, mine here in switzerland is still like out of the factory after 14 years. So they last pretty well. No complaints from my side.

Ozymandias , Dec 25, 2017
  3. CBari

Someone on here had a post about one from LMC and a pretty favorable review. I am leaning that way too. I am just on fence about me and the labor to do it.

CBari , Dec 26, 2017
  4. Doc Holiday

I just bought a new MoPar one in Sept of 2016 on eBay

Doc Holiday , Dec 28, 2017
  5. Doc Holiday

Fat lot of good it did to buy the new vent part of the dash. The dash now has a crack from the windshield to the airbag... oh well the more stuff goes wrong with this body the more likely I am to sit a first gen body on this chassis

Doc Holiday , Aug 19, 2018
  6. tpuig

Holy crap. Just checked Geno's and it's over $700 for the kit. Mine is literally in pieces, so I need to do something.
    I'd hate to see what a dealer would charge.

tpuig , Jun 21, 2019
  7. Wiredawg

My 03 Ram dash was literally crumbling: I bought the plastic cover from Genos that was: inexpensive, easy, and looked good. Replacement is fine if you want original, the plastic mask or cover looks good.

Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Jun 21, 2019
  8. Crunch

A dash mat is one of the first things I bought for my truck when I bought it new. This truck was the first vehicle I ever owned that didn't have a cracked/damaged dash when I got it. I also use a windshield screen during the summer, and so far my dash is still in perfect condition. If you decide on a new dash replacement it would also be a good time to change out any bulbs in the dash cluster while it's exposed. No sense in having to take the dash off a second time just for that.

Crunch , Jun 22, 2019
    Tuesdak likes this.
  9. tpuig

Looked at the LMC version and it seems like a decent replacement. My instrument panel is fine, but the dash (both parts) is toast.

20190622_110246.jpg

tpuig , Jul 1, 2019
  10. tpuig

Thanks. Figured I'd get a dash cover, and been meaning to get around to replacing all the bulbs. Just a shame the whole dash needs to be removed.

tpuig , Jul 1, 2019
  11. DavidC

I had a dash mat on mine the day it left the dealer. The truck spent a lot of time in the garage and it still cracked. When you use the lowest plastic bidder would you expect anything different.

DavidC , Jul 1, 2019
    Tuesdak likes this.
  12. Crunch

You didn't ever use Armor All on it did you? That stuff will kill plastics quick.

Crunch , Jul 1, 2019
  13. DavidC

No, I did use 303 once in a while

DavidC , Jul 2, 2019