1. Tractorat

I had a strange experience yesterday. My truck was parked in my driveway where is always is. A guy came and knocked on my door and said "dont s'pose you'l want to sell your truck, would you ?" Of course I told him no.

He wanted to talk about my truck, so I put my shoes on and went out side. He told me what a great looking truck it is (its nothing special. A dark red 02 with black stirrups) He made mention of how cool it looks jacked up. I told him all the 4x4's are, but evidently he hadn't seen one. He wanted to know how many miles were on in, and what I paid for it new. And he made a few other compliments, but I forget what they were. As he drove off in a flat bed truck with a septic tank on the back, he told me that "Jesus loves me".

When I went back in the house I was kicking myself for not getting his lic number, and forgetting what he looked like. But, before I went to bed, since I dont have an alarm in the truck, I drove it right up against the fence and parked my car right behind it. (the car has an alarm).

Has anyone heard if these trucks have a higher than average theft rate ?

Tractorat , Aug 4, 2013
  2. BIGNASTY

Just the tailgates

BIGNASTY , Aug 4, 2013
  3. WStrmiska

I just put a tail gate lock on my pickup and destroyed the screws so nobody can take off the back plate. I can drill out the screws, just will take time.

WStrmiska , Aug 4, 2013
  4. cerberusiam Staff Member

Tractorat, you live in Seattle. Sounds like a perfectly normal occurence for THAT place. :eek:

:-laf

cerberusiam , Aug 4, 2013
  5. MLee TDR MEMBER

Surprised two guys this morning on my car port @ 5:30AM looking my 95 over with there flash lites, and my sons Acura. What got my attention was my driveway alarm and my front yard lights were on. Slipped on my sweats went out, but they vanished. no cars on the street for them to leave in. I think they live in the neighborhood. A year ago neighbor lost his batteries from his trailer, they tried to find mine but they are in a different location than normal.

MLee , Aug 5, 2013
  6. BIGNASTY

Trat
    Im forever pulling notes off my truck when I come out of a store, people don't want the new trucks with the problem exhaust is what they say when I call them. I call just to see why they want an old 04. 5 when they find out its an 04. 5 they want it more?????? IT AINT FOR SALE ANYWAY. They also ask has it been chipped do you know? they don't want that crap on them either.

BIGNASTY , Aug 5, 2013
  7. MLee TDR MEMBER

If you want to save your tail gate, put a hose clamp on the side that slips off first, (right side). This will deter or discourage the thief. Takes a minute to remove it.

MLee , Aug 6, 2013
  8. Mark31 TDR MEMBER

9. moparme

Nice Idea, Thanks.

moparme , Aug 8, 2013
  10. Joseph Donnelly

How come I don't get notes on my 2004 even though it IS for sale?

Joseph Donnelly , Aug 8, 2013
  11. BIGNASTY

Don't take this wrong but what's it look like? Drive one off the showroom floor add Michelins a topper and that's MINE.

BIGNASTY , Aug 8, 2013