Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark31 TDR MEMBER

My money pit needs a new power steering pump and it looks like Mopar has stopped making them. Zero confidence in the only rebuilder I know about. Anyone know where I might find a new one for my 04?

Mark31 , Apr 19, 2023
  2. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

Mopar flavored? No. I am using this Cardone one, albeit I have to send it back since its leaking out the lower fitting going into the pump, it could be a one off issue, but I've been driving on it for a year or two while leaking no issues besides the trail of blood. It does have a life time warranty and is a new unit.

upload_2023-4-19_11-20-57.png #ad

If you find a better one let me know, I heard you can retrofit or drop in the later model power steering pumps with some light modification, I'd be interested if I could snag one off a parts truck else I'll just stick with this one.

Darkbloodmon , Apr 19, 2023
  3. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

I switched to the ZF type pump when mine went out, easy change.
    Got a Cardone NEW from Rockauto and the Reservoir.
    Works flawless for the last 2 years.

Mopar stopped to make the ZFs anymore, so my best bet was a new Cardone - Rebuild now way for me.

Ozymandias , Apr 19, 2023
    CVR222NV and Darkbloodmon like this.
  4. CVR222NV TDR MEMBER

I had already upgraded all my steering components to the 2008+ except the pump and although it never leaked it would build up enough pressure to blow off the cap so I replaced it with a used pump and hoses I found at my Dodge pick a part source. It was off a truck with only 60,000 miles. I have had no further issues.

CVR222NV , Apr 20, 2023
  5. GSellers TDR MEMBER

Just changed mine new Cardone from Rockauto
    make sure you buy the pulley. I didn't my old pulley came off fine and was in good shape
    but the new Cardone has a bigger shaft than the original one. It put a stop to my Saturday project
    I Considered taking to a machine shop $75hr.
    but the cost for the work was more than a new one from Rockauto

GSellers , Apr 20, 2023
  6. endoscott

Man, you got a machine shop that is only $75 an hour?

endoscott , Apr 20, 2023