Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaicase

does anyone know the tsb number for the high idle. on the cruise control for an 06 3500

vaicase , Jul 20, 2006
  2. ohnoitsyu

There isn't a TSB for it. You just take your vehicle to the dealer and they enable it. If they don't know how, suggest that they find out. And make sure to show them where it mentions that your dealer will enable it for you in your owner's manual.

ohnoitsyu , Jul 20, 2006
  3. vinconco

My 5 star dealer said they never heard of a "high idle" flash so I showed them my owners manual..... they eventually figured it out. :rolleyes: The charge was $80. and it works great.

vinconco , Jul 21, 2006
  4. Tinman TDR MEMBER

$80. Good grief. I can't believe that. I had the same problem with my dealer and I told them what to do to enable it. We got it done and they thanked me for telling them about it and didn't charge me. He even let me watch him fool around with the DRB. (Very cool tool, wish I had one. ) Nice feature. Heaven forbid you idle a CR too long or you might void your warranty.

Tinman , Jul 21, 2006
  5. DieselFiend

Get high idle for free

Orrrrrr, you could simply take it in for some other kind of warranty work and keep your survey when it comes in the mail. Tell them you'll exchange the good feedback for enabling your high idle. I've gotten many-a-free upgrades doing this to include speedo recal and high idle.

DieselFiend , Jul 21, 2006
  6. PBax

i had to tell my dealer how... . they did it for free.

or you can buy a Bullydog Tripledog and enable it yourself.

PBax , Jul 21, 2006
  7. CPittman

Does the 'high idle' flash work on an '06?

CPittman , Jul 21, 2006
  8. Bob4x4

You sound like a real stand-up guy... ... ... ..... no pride :(

Bob

Bob4x4 , Jul 23, 2006
  9. vinconco

Yes, just had my done. see post above..... $80. My service guy wouldn't trade a (good feedback) job :rolleyes: for a flash :-laf

vinconco , Jul 23, 2006
  10. RRees

I called my dealer today, and they were unaware of it also.

Of course as I am writing this. They called me back. $79. 86.

I wonder what the "5 stars" really means. It must be a volume thing.

RRees , Oct 12, 2006
  11. DieselFiend

Now was that comment really necessary? I'm just trying to help a brother out. I'd help you out just the same.

DieselFiend , Oct 12, 2006
  12. DieselFiend

You've gotta save em up. I used a feedback I already had in hand from a previous visit. I guess my dealer must be desparate for good feedbacks. They've done a lot of stuff for me in exchange for feedbacks.

DieselFiend , Oct 12, 2006
  13. Bob4x4

Black mail is an admirable trait ???

Bob

Bob4x4 , Oct 12, 2006
  14. DGStrate

If you are ever in the Metro Detroit Area, I got mine enabled for free at Colonial Dodge, Stephens (9 1/2 mile rd) and Gratiot, Eastpointe, MI 586-778-1800.

DGStrate , Oct 12, 2006
  15. Bob4x4

I do them all the time for friends and customers. Every wrench day we put on sees a new batch. You have to remember that the factory scan tools and the Techs time are expensive. Both should be appreciated not demanded ;)

Bob

Bob4x4 , Oct 12, 2006
  16. olznut

Good diesel techs at Dodge are VERY hard to find. I'm willing to pay if I know that the guy working on the truck is a good tech. Bob 4x4 is one, too bad he's far away from me (but please lmk of the next wrench day). I found a Cummins tech out here that serviced Big Blue last weekend, oil change, fuel filter and ran the valves (half were out, I watched him do it). Cost $150, and he even came to me! No prob paying. Local dealer wanted $100 to enable high idle. Told him to pound sand. Local dealer is only 2 mins away from me.

olznut , Oct 12, 2006
  17. JGheen TDR MEMBER

EHalterman, who and where is this technician in our area, I am interested to know.

Also, sorry for my ignorance, but why would you "enable" a high idle and what is the issue here?? Please explain.

Thanks, Joe

JGheen , Oct 12, 2006
  18. BTighe

the features built in, just needs a flash. sounds like a way to get MORE cash outa us. ill wait till i have another issue.

BTighe , Oct 13, 2006
  19. olznut

I do like to go where it's cold, and the high idle will help the truck warm up quicker. Also, I plan on adding an on board air unit, which the high idle will help that out. What's the issue? Go to Power Dodge and find out for yourself, lol! Sales is good, service is a JOKE. The guy I found, can't remember his name here off hand, but his son works for the Cummins shop in Montebello, and lives in North Hollywood. I'm off to work now, the truck scales right near you... ... .

olznut , Oct 13, 2006
  20. JGheen TDR MEMBER

Cool, so it's a computer controlled high idle to aid in warm up only? Sounds like a nice feature but not necessary... ... ?

Not sure if I will ever go back to Power Dodge here in Valencia. Service there is a joke and I hate the service manager there cuz he doesn't know anything about these trucks.

Joe

JGheen , Oct 13, 2006