Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clmsnow

I currently have an 01' CTD and I am considering getting a new truck, possibly the Mega Cab. Question is... ... . am I better off getting an 06' or waiting for 07'? I hear there may be some changes in smog regulations for diesels in 07', and if that is the case I am assuming that I want an 06'. I don't follow threads on the Gen 3's very much seeing as I have a Gen 2, so what otehr things should I know? I already plan on doing transmission upgrades, injectors, box, turbo, etc to get up to 500hp and a KORE kit, but want to know if there is anything else to be aware of.

Clmsnow , Jul 16, 2006
  2. JayWm

If you want to make all those types of upgrades you may want to get the 06. See if you can find the link to the article that Steve did when he went to the intro on the new cab/chassis. He talked quite a bit about the new 6. 7 motor. What I remember most is the huge increase in the use of computer monitoring on this new motor. The aftermarket I'm sure will find ways to alter it, but I'm betting it will be sometime and much more expensive to buy the power boxes and programmers.

I found the link to his article. Happy reading

https://www.turbodieselregister.com/06ntea/

JayWm , Jul 16, 2006
  3. JThiessen

I think I read somewhere that the major changes wont occur until December time frame, so the initial 07's would then be the same as an 06. But I'd put in a call to a dealer, and they would likely answer your questions.

JThiessen , Jul 16, 2006
  4. sonorakitch

Clmsnow,

You should probably wait for the '07 at this point... you couldn't order a 2006 if you wanted, and unless you aren't very picky the stock of '06 trucks is pretty slim.

~Chris

sonorakitch , Jul 16, 2006