Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seafish

On the road right now and rear pads just started grinding on rotors. (My bad)

Would like to replace them ASAP with OEM Mopar Premium Brake Pads but all that info is back home on the desktop computer.

Anyone have the part # for them ??

PLEASE NOTE that I am NOT interested in any other manufacture recommenadtions OR the Mopar VALUE line pads... got 140k out of the originals with zero issues and just gonna go wth them again.

TIA

seafish , Dec 13, 2022
  2. slowmover

slowmover , Dec 13, 2022
    Darkbloodmon and seafish like this.
  3. seafish

Thanks..I'll try to run that first number down if youre sure it is actually correct.

Anyone else ?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    seafish , Dec 13, 2022
  4. slowmover

See link. I put in 2009 Ram 3500 as that “should” cover ‘03-‘09 to my knowledge.

slowmover , Dec 13, 2022
  5. seafish

hmmmm seems like those ARE available but are listed for 4th gen trucks, at least by the years listed.

Mopar 68049158AA.png #ad

seafish , Dec 14, 2022
  6. slowmover

(Maybe this random Internet dude has it right).

Quote:

The oem Mopar "Premium" pads on my 2005 lasted 100k miles with NOTHING bad to say about their performance on an 8000# sport truck. When I finally did the brakes (including a complete brake fluid flush) at 100k, I was so impressed with the oem performance and longevity, I simply bought them again. NOTE that I bougth the Mopar "premium" pads and not the Mopar "Value" line pads that most dealership aprts guys will try to sell you. At the same time, I removed the original oem rotors and took them to a reputable and competent brake shop, which mic'd them and let me know they were completely true and were less then 50% worn, which meant that they also had enough meat left for another 100k. I put them back on WITHOUT turning them and 18k later, I am still completely pleased with how they stop the truck with zero noise and minimal dust.

Of ocurse the Mopar premium pads DO cost almost twice as much as aftermarket "peformance" brake pads, but they also last TWICE as long and you save on labor cost and/or time becuase you do not need to replace them TWICE in the same amount of miles.

Here are the part numbers for the Mopar Premium pads--

05093267AA full set--FRONT Disc Brake Pads

05093257AA full set--REAR Disc Brake Pads

ALSO here are the torque specs you will need to replace the brake pads.

Caliper pins 24 ft*lb.

Caliper adapter mounting screws are 130 ft*lb.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    slowmover , Dec 14, 2022
    SpidRacer likes this.
  7. slowmover

Sold out most places.

Appear available on Amazon

slowmover , Dec 14, 2022
    seafish likes this.
  8. seafish

^^^ Ya that guy tends to know his stuff ...:rolleyes:

THANKS for finding that !!!

seafish , Dec 14, 2022
    slowmover likes this.
  9. slowmover

You’re welcome. I’ll admit I might’ve ignored a non-3rd Gen, but as it was so . . and yours (have seen you do the same a number of times), it was only right to take a few minutes.

But what’s a desktop computer?
    Is that like a landline?

All I own is this 2”x4” screen. (Ha!)

slowmover , Dec 14, 2022
  10. seafish

But looks like the ones on Amazon are now counterfeit --

PAD FRAUD .png #ad
    PAD FRAUD 1.png #ad

seafish , Dec 14, 2022
    slowmover likes this.
  11. slowmover

I think Magneti Marelli is the OEM supplier.

I’ve seen no consistent praise by anyone for anything (I discount the boy toy owners). Even RAYBESTOS gets flamed.

A quarter-mil and you’d think I could a gone farther.
    But, nooo, it’s a Dodge and the truck falls apart around the engine. (Guess I should worry about the original clutch, huh?)

Age means mine need replacing. I got my moneys worth and then some.

As I’ll be following your path, I’ll have someone to blame, right?

slowmover , Dec 14, 2022
  12. seafish

^^^ Ya even the Hawk pads that Genos Garage carries got a bad review ...LOL.

I wish that Genos carried the Mopar Premium pads...IME and MANY others, there are NO downsides to them, even at the premium price.

seafish , Dec 14, 2022
    Tuesdak, brucejohnson and slowmover like this.
  13. slowmover

Well, sorta like those nine-year PANASONIC batteries that wouldn’t die.

2006 was peak period end.

Americans are on the way out so charge more for less until they’ve gone.

slowmover , Dec 14, 2022
  14. CVR222NV TDR MEMBER

From my records for my 2006:

Front Pads – OEM Premium – 05093267AA full set

Rear Pads - OEM Premium - 05093257AA full set

Also confirming discontinued. Could not find rear pads but did find front on Amazon "0509 3267AA"

Let us know what you come up with as I will be need rear pads soon.

CVR222NV , Dec 14, 2022
    slowmover, AH64ID and seafish like this.
  15. seafish

I have decided to order the Bosch Quiet Cast BP1096 REAR pads on the assumption that the pad material will be designed to match well with the Bosch #16010170 Quiet Cast Rotors that I also ordered.

I know that the Bosch Quiet Cast rotors are very well made and respected for our trucks.

I will try to post my thoughts on them all after the R&R is done.

seafish , Dec 14, 2022
  16. Rowdy Dalton

What are the thoughts on slotted rotors?

Rowdy Dalton , Dec 16, 2022
  17. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

The benefits of them aren’t realized under most braking situations in a pickup. Day to day braking can have reduced performance because of lower surface area.

Personally I’d stick to a solid rotor in a pickup.

AH64ID , Dec 16, 2022
  18. jghflys

Slotted rotors provide additional performance if you do heavy towing. If you do not tow and just drive the truck around, Use standard rotors to save money.

jghflys , Dec 16, 2022
  19. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

It's a lot more than just towing heavy, it's routing braking where the rotors are subject to prolonged use and above average heat. At that point slotted rotors help.

It's very easy to tow heavy and not benefit from slotted rotors if your using the exhaust brakes and have the trailer brakes properly adjusted and actuated.

AH64ID , Dec 16, 2022
    xcc_rider likes this.
  20. jghflys

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah ......

jghflys , Dec 16, 2022