1. Deleted member 995608

Who else is getting hooked? I loved Breaking Bad and Better call Saul is coming in close to just as good.

Deleted member 995608 , Apr 3, 2015
  2. Grizzly

My wife and I are totally hooked on Better Call Saul as we were on Breaking Bad. Both have been filmed right here in Albuquerque. We recognize the scenery, street names and business places. The story about Jimmy is the best part.

george

Grizzly , Apr 4, 2015
  3. BIGNASTY

Grizz went out Friday Night did some howling, a couple on the dance floor that were very good dancers asked if I knew a song about their home town of Albuquerque? Don't know how long you've been in Albuquerque, this song is pretty old, Made me think of you and Mrs. Grizz ;)

BIG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIac4ioK3Ko

BIGNASTY , Apr 5, 2015
  4. Grizzly

Big, I was born in Albuquerque and Mrs Griz was born in Mobile, Alabama.

The singer is Jim Glaser. The song was and still is very popular here. The night lights driving into Albuquerque from the west side and from the east are also very spectacular. Here is a short Biography on him;

Jim Glaser, Artist

James William "Jim" Glaser is an American country music artist. He was born in Spalding, Nebraska in 1937. The brother of country singers Chuck and Tompall Glaser, he has performed as both a solo artist and alongside his two brothers in the group Tompall and the Glaser Brothers. His early career as a backup vocalist included a long stint with singer/songwriter Marty Robbins.

en.wikipedia.org · Text under CC-BY-SA license
    Born: Dec 16, 1937 (age 77) · Spalding, Nebraska
    Member of: Tompall & the Glaser Brothers

Grizzly , Apr 5, 2015
  5. Deleted member 995608

I think Griz just schooled Big

Deleted member 995608 , Apr 6, 2015
  6. BIGNASTY

Grizz

I'm impressed, not many know of Jim Glaser and the story of the Glaser Bros from Omaha NB. A group of dirt farmers that started their own record company and went on to have a singing career for the three of them and also did quite well with both the farming and record company. The recorded many of the off color or Oddball singers that wouldn't have been known if it were not for them.

One of Jim Glaser's biggest hit is one that I really like to sing. Some of the NEW COUNTRY singers that THINK they can sing should take a lesson from some of the older singers that can ACTUALLY carry a tune. It really surprised me that they had asked for a song about Albuquerque, I was exposed to Jim Glaser and this song when driving 11 western states and come into the lights of the city. I don't know if its still there but about 4 min into the song there is a Large Red Arrow that points into the ground that I used to look for when I drove thru, it was a place that I stopped ate breakfast (don't remember the name of a café ) and coffee-ied up for the next leg of the drive home to calif (at that time.) Here's another one that people ask if they remember a time that singers COULD actually sing!! We played this and even the younger people of the dance hall asked for more of that kind of music. Hopefully some of them will let their musical tastes grow or at least get out of the back of a Pick Up truck. Shttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRvuUWtAtIAhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paRvuUWt at least it has a meaning to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nikVAMqhS4

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    BIGNASTY , Apr 6, 2015
  7. BIGNASTY

YOU SCHOOLED ME AGAIN GRIZZ it wasn't Omaha it was Spalding NB Thanks for correcting me. I will punish myself later :-laf

I guess with guys like you I had better get my XXXX in one bag before trying to remember the lyrics to as many songs as I can, and " MAKE SURE OF MY FACTS " At the same time ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    BIGNASTY , Apr 6, 2015
  8. Grizzly

I didn't mean to teach you anything BIG. You're far smater than I. I had no idea where Jim Glaser was from. I only copied and pasted a shoirt Biography on him. You knew he was from Nebraska, I didn't.

Next time you come down to see the 'Lights of Albuquerque', call me and I'll treat you to big plate of Huevos Rancheros for Breakfast or Red Chile Enchiladas for lunch. That is, you and Penny.

grizz

Grizzly , Apr 6, 2015
  9. BIGNASTY

Grizz

Your on!!

I have some friends that are still Trucking Veggies, Certain time of the year in New Mexico there are Fire Roasted Hatch Chiles sold on the side of the Hwy. They roast them put them in a burlap bag and sell them to us tourists. Penny has them pick up a couple of bags each year so she can make her Salsa canned and have it ready for the rest of the year. Those are the best Chilies for this.

Will have to figure out what time of the year they do this and see about coming down then. ;)

BIGNASTY , Apr 6, 2015
  10. Grizzly

How did you like the last episode?

Grizzly , Apr 7, 2015
  11. CBlack

My wife and I were late getting into Breaking Bad and are just now half way through season 5. I was interested in Better Call Saul from the get go, but my wife didn't like his character, saying he was obnoxious.

Now almost through the series of BB, she wants to watch it. I think Saul's character is fantastic.

Of course, none of it compares to The Walking Dead! :)

CBlack , Apr 19, 2015
  12. Beck

Have I missed the primere of, Better call Saul ? What night is it on ? I assume AMC channel

Beck , Apr 21, 2015
  13. Deleted member 995608

You missed the season premier and the season finale.

Deleted member 995608 , Apr 21, 2015
  14. BK TDR MEMBER

my wife dragged me into TWD, like True Blood, she can't miss an episode of TWD. I was / am along for the ride on both.
    But with TWD, at this point, it's like "here we go again" ...
    the only thing lately that was cool was the Wolf's zombie ambush, seem a few deranged lowlifes with some ingenuity.

I could never get into BB , I tried a few times, I guess I kept getting a slow or a not soo good episode ?
    A couple of the BB episodes I saw was with the sleazy lawyer.

I started watching BCS when it started and it was yet another night of needing to unwind to get to sleep.
    So far so good, I guess I keep watching to see where what is going where... some very quick plot lines that played out well and didn't drag out.
    Or maybe cause I like to cheer for the underdog.
    Or maybe because it's a prequel, and it seems like it maybe interesting to see where Saul came from.

15. Beck

I caught 3 episode's of better call saul on demand, I was a die hard BB fan, this new series is lame IMO, hopefully it will grow on me

Beck , Apr 22, 2015
  16. CBlack

A lot of people say that about TWD, but I don't see it. The zombies are just part of the world they're in, but the story of the people is what is so intriguing.

CBlack , Apr 22, 2015
  17. Grizzly

My wife and I are hooked on BCS. In my opinion it may be better than BB.

Grizzly , Apr 27, 2015
  18. Beck

Is this show still on ? I caught 3 episodes on, on demand and cannot find it in AMC any more, What night is it on ?

Beck , May 12, 2015
  19. Deleted member 995608

It won't start again for a while. AMC did a short run to see if it was a hit or flop. I'm
    Hoping it was a hit as I'm hooked and patiently waiting for season 2

Deleted member 995608 , May 13, 2015
  20. BIGNASTY

BIGNASTY , May 13, 2015