1. MCummings

Towed pretty good. Couldn't go over 55MPH because the trailer tires would overheat.

700 miles. No problems.

Merrick

MCummings , Jan 31, 2007
  2. Nate

Looks like your truck is about ready to pop a wheelie :eek:

Nate , Jan 31, 2007
  3. MCummings

It really wasn't that heavy on the truck, however, the Combined wieght was pretty serious.

Tow truck 8,000Lbs

Trailer 7,000Lbs

Ford 10,000Lbs (as claimed by owner)

Enclosed trailer 1,500Lbs (as claimed by owner, but I think it was closer to 2,500Lbs. )

---

We pulled in O. D. at 55MPH most of the way with a Smarty. Talk about a smoked up Fender!

Averaged 11. 2 MPG on the entire trip.

10. 0 up and abour 12 down, but I was doing 75MPH all the way back down (unloaded).

Merrick

MCummings , Jan 31, 2007
  4. Jrissler

Is that 54' of deck or is that counting the neck too?

How long is the tail swing on that??

Got a better pic of the rig? More clear??

Hammer down... ... ... ... ... ... C-U...

Jrissler , Jan 31, 2007
  5. Ragain

Can't see you photo. What type of coupler? 5th wheel or goose ball? Some states have a shorter length restriction for a goose ball versus a 5th wheel. Ohio is one example.

Ragain , Feb 3, 2007
  6. sdstriper

Wow, That is a heck of a load there! That enclosed trailer was much heavier than 1500lbs. I have one that is 7x16 heavy duty built that is just over 2500 lbs. That enclosed looks to be 8 x 24 or better. Closer to 3000lbs I bet.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
    sdstriper , Feb 3, 2007
  7. MCummings

It's 54' from the neck to the tail.

It's a Gooseneck.

I thought it was much heavier too, but, I could only go by what the owner was telling me. His truck was probably heavier also, but I'm not one to argue.

His trailer must have hung off the end by 8'.

I don't have any pictures yet, but I still haven't given up hope. (hi-res pics)

Merrick

MCummings , Feb 3, 2007
  8. MCummings

Better pics soon. (within the week).

14. 5 feet behind the axle. 14. 5k Lb lifting capacity on the hydraulic dovetail.

Merrick

MCummings , Feb 3, 2007
  9. dezeldog

MCummings, that trailer is something that i would be interested in. I think that the deck length of that trailer is about 48'. I'd be interested to know where you bought it from. TIA

Jim

dezeldog , Feb 3, 2007
  10. Ragain

I have two 48' deck trailers built by Top-Notch Trailers, Billings MT. w/double 15k axles & air ride. Heck for stout... but the drawback is the 9,960# empty weight!

Ragain , Feb 3, 2007