Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGraham

I'm interested in purchasing the Lockpick for my MyGig and have no idea how to take it out. Do y'all have any suggestions?

JGraham , Aug 9, 2010
  2. craiggo

First off (and I know others disagree), I'd get the AllGIG instead of the Lockpick. Nothing against the Lockpick but, the AllGIG is totally USB configurable whereas the Lockpick my require removal to adjust the small switches. With the AllGIG, you run the USB cable to the glove-box and configure it that way. I installed mine, made a few config changes and everything worked perfect, including the stock backup camera. Plus the AllGIG is smaller. I don't really think you can make a bad decision on either to be honest.

Having said all that, you start at the top of the dash and pull up the rubber bottom of the coin tray (or whatever it is) above the MyGIG. There are (2) screws there that you remove and then pull out the tray.

Then go down to the the AC plug on the right had side and carefully pull off that little cover that surrounds the AC plug. Once you get that cover off, there is a screw behind it that needs to get unscrewed.

Lastly, gently pull back on the bezel and it will come off. I started on the bottom corner of the drivers side near where my knee is and it came out pretty easily. Other parts weren't quite so easy but it will come off. I made a flat screwdriver out of a small wood dowel to work the plastic tabs and that seemed to help.

PM me (or post) if you need any more info.

Craig

craiggo , Aug 10, 2010
  3. JGraham

Craig,
    Thanks for all the info as well as the AllGIG. I really appreciate it!
    Jack

JGraham , Aug 10, 2010