Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 67guzzler

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    67guzzler , May 15, 2010
  2. Glock Guru

Good question. From what I have seen out there so far the DPF back systems are no more that stright pipes with a muffler delete.

It would seem that this would do the same as the higher priced systems.

Input please,

-Troy

Glock Guru , May 16, 2010
  3. 67guzzler

I started the same thread on "another board" and basically the posts said with the Cat, NOX, DPF all inline before the dinky muffler, removing the dinky muffler it does little on the 6. 7... I think I'll save my cash unless someone here has other info...

67guzzler , May 16, 2010
  4. Glock Guru

Well I guess if removing the rear most muffler does little or nothing than add sound I would say just use the muffler delete pipe. It would be the cheapest was to got. I woiuld not see were a "tuner" could offer better if you are staying with the full DPF system.

Banks has there "system" out for the 2010, but have no pics or performance number on there site as of yet.

-Troy

Glock Guru , May 16, 2010
  5. MMoss

I put one of them on my 08 6. 7L and there was no problems with codes or anything like that and gave it a very little more sound than stock but it is getting rid of one more restriction and weight that's not needed. Just buy a Chrome exhaust tip from dealer and you have a "Poor-man" DPF back exhaust system... I did it in my driveway in under an hour without even jacking it up!

MMoss , Jun 16, 2010
  6. I Buck TDR MEMBER

Man, thats a pretty truck!

I Buck , Jun 27, 2010
  7. HBarlow

Did you actually notice any change in sound?

I had removed the muffler and used a straight pipe on my previous '06 and liked the sound. Shortly after I bought the '08 I have now I took it by the same muffler shop and asked the owner to replace the muffler with a straight pipe. He told me he would if I wanted it but he said he'd already done that on a couple of new ISB6. 7s and it made no difference in exhaust note. He's been in the business a long time and is widely known and trusted. I accepted his advice and left it alone.

I would prefer to have a straight pipe to allow me to hear the mighty Cummins, even if only a mild hint of it.

I guess what I'm asking you is this: is the difference worth $50 or so in parts and labor?

HBarlow , Jun 27, 2010
  8. MoparBob

Anyone else do this yet?

MoparBob , Jul 3, 2010
  9. MoparBob

Interested in finding out what difference in volume and/or tone (if any) DPF exhausts are making on these 2010s. Any updates?

MoparBob , Aug 11, 2010