Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gifford

I just saw a 1500 SLT Hemi 2006 with a nice OEM supplied plastic tailgate cap (like the Chevys have!), anyone know if that parts availible from Chrysler? (I assume the 1500 tailgate is identical to the 2500-3500's)

Gifford , Jun 4, 2006
  2. wneubauer

They are. Call your dealer for part numbers and price.

wneubauer , Jun 4, 2006
  3. wcjp

It's supposed to be good for . 5mpg improvement. I think it's about $80. Has something to do with extending the tailgate which improves the airflow down the backside of the tailgate/bumper.

wcjp , Jun 5, 2006
  4. MCrossley

I have one but never installed it due to the spray on interfering... . I think I paid $60 or so for it...

MCrossley , Jun 5, 2006
  5. MMead

Does anyone know where I could find a picture of one of these online? Thanks.

MMead , Jun 5, 2006
  6. wcjp

Found these pics on another forum.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

wcjp , Jun 5, 2006
  7. Jeff_K

I just bought one of these and installed it last week to cover a nice big dent in the top of my tailgate. The kit is easy to install and comes with threaded inserts that you need to install. The inside attaches with 3M tape. It fits really well.

I did proceed to put another dent in the tailgate when installing it though :eek: I left a ratchet on the bumper when I lowered the tailgate, so now I have a new sticker below my "heavy duty" emblem to hide that mistake :-laf

Jeff_K , Jun 5, 2006
  8. 2Gen3Gen

Hmmmmmmmm :confused: I doubt that

2Gen3Gen , Jun 5, 2006
  9. Turbo1Ton TDR MEMBER

Part # 82209867, I believe it lists for $89. I need to go order one of these. I have a nice little dent in the top of the tailgate from some moron that had no sense being on a forklift.

Jeff

Turbo1Ton , Jun 5, 2006
  10. Gifford

found it!

www.dodgeparts.com 74. 00

THe one I saw first was on www.msn.com in a comparison of the 1500 Dodge versus the Honda ridgeline on their home page a couple days ago(how they came to the conclusion that a Dodge pickup and the Honda Ridgeline thing were even comparable- i don't know... )

Gifford , Jun 5, 2006
  11. wcjp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018
    wcjp , Jun 6, 2006
  12. bighornram

Are those bedrail covers also OEM?

bighornram , Jun 6, 2006
  13. nickleinonen

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    nickleinonen , Jun 6, 2006