Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BHolland TDR MEMBER

Wondering what the experience of the group is with the factory spray in bedliner? Invoice for factory liner is $404 and my local LineX dealer is $500. LineX has a lifetime guarantee. :confused:

BHolland , Aug 6, 2011
  2. Bob4x4

The oem bedliner looks awesome,just haven't seen enough of them abused yet to know how it will hold up

Bob4x4 , Aug 6, 2011
  3. BIGNASTY

Didnt even know that OEM had a spray in I like my Rhino had it sprayed in 2 days after I bought the truck $400 Rancho Motorsports. Ontario CA. I have had some pretty abusive things in it and just wash it put some of Rhino's renew coating (like their Aromorall) looks like NEW

BIGNASTY , Aug 6, 2011
  4. Matt_L

I have a family member with the factory spray in and so far it has held up as well as my Line-X. He abuses his truck more than I do and so far he really likes it... .

Matt_L , Aug 6, 2011
  5. SHobbs

I had the LineX with what they call Xtra sprayed on mine three years ago and the Texas sun has yet to take the shine off of it. A soft brush and Dawn is all that is needed to keep it looking like new.

SHobbs , Aug 6, 2011
  6. RustyJC

I had the Line-X on my previous 2002 and the factory spray-in bedliner in the 2011. Right now, it's 6 of one and a half dozen of the other as far as I'm concerned. Both have done fine.

Rusty

RustyJC , Aug 6, 2011
  7. MisterBean

Line-X vs. OEM Spray-in...

Although I have nothing bad to say about the OEM spray-in, due to no information, I give Line-X two THUMBS UP!!! I had Line-X in my 01 QC 4X4 and it still didn't have any "damage", peel-off or fade issues over the six years I owned it. About 9 months ago, I saw my old truck and other than a dent in the front bumper, the truck still looked EXACTLY THE SAME, even the Line-X!!!

Now, I'm saving to have my current plastic POS replaced with Line-X in my new 10 CC 4X4!

MisterBean , Aug 7, 2011
  8. Jim Ross

Ditto your remarks on Linex. I used to haul an ATV in the bed of my '01 and its luggage rack kept rubbing on the Linex near the top of the tailgate. After 3-4 years, I took the truck back to Linex and they freshened up the rubbed area at no cost to me... . even though it had originally been applied by a different dealer in a different state.
    One time, I used a different brand of spray-in liner and it faded really bad in the Nevada sun. My Linex held up far better, not perfect, but far better than the other brand. Plus, Linex comes in colors and the other brand did not..... maybe now it does, not sure.

Jim Ross , Aug 14, 2011
  9. Jim Ross

Ditto your remarks on Linex. I used to haul an ATV in the bed of my '01 and its luggage rack kept rubbing on the Linex near the top of the tailgate. After 3-4 years, I took the truck back to Linex and they freshened up the rubbed area at no cost to me... . even though it had originally been applied by a different dealer in a different state.

One time, I used a different brand of spray-in liner and it faded really bad in the Nevada sun. My Linex held up far better, not perfect, but far better than the other brand. Plus, Linex comes in colors and the other brand did not..... maybe now it does, not sure.

Jim Ross , Aug 14, 2011
  10. Wertles

I talked to a Ram representative yesterday while poking around a promotional display. He told me that Ram has an agreement with Rhino liner to use their product on the new trucks. I have Rhino on my truck. Mine seems thicker and more rubbery than the factory liner. I like the factory liner better. It seems to have more grip, almost like sand paper, and to me looks like the Line-X product. I said to the rep that it looked much more like Line-X than Rhino but he was absolutely sure it is a Rhino liner. He seemed very knowledgeable about all things Ram as we discussed the 5500 Long Haul for about 10 minutes and he drives a new 3500 dually Laramie towing a 25k goose neck from event to event.

Wertles , Aug 15, 2011
  11. RustyJC

I agree - the factory spray-in liner in my 2011 is hard like the Line-X in my 2002, not at all rubbery and resilient like the aftermarket Rhino product that I've seen. That makes me take the factory rep's comments with a grain of salt... .

Rusty

RustyJC , Aug 15, 2011
  12. DEM123

I have beat the crap out of mine (which is factory) with concrete block and rock, and hoses right out and seem in-destructable... . plus it is covered by the factory warranty too... for what that s worth. .

DEM123 , Aug 22, 2011
  13. MisterBean

Spray-in vs. plastic bedliner...

I was speaking with a fellow diesel lover earlier today and he has a Smith's Ultimate Lining spray-in and he put his plastic bedliner back in on top of the spray-in. He pulled the bed rail caps and lifted it up to show me that his spray-in was spotless and had NO evidence of any dents, cracks or any other damage. His reasoning was simple... He stated that the spray-in protects the bed from most chemicals, dirt, dust & rust and the plastic bedliner protects the bed (and spray-in) from impacts, due to the plastic "giving" more under pressure... :confused:

I'm not saying this necessarily "works", but his bed and spray-in bedliner were spotless... :D

Mark

MisterBean , Aug 23, 2011
  14. rashwor

For me, $100 or less for a rubber bed mat is the way I go. The sides of my bed do not take much abuse; the bottom of the bed takes most of it.

By my count, that leaves $400 + for other goodies!:-laf

rashwor , Aug 23, 2011
  15. Deezal Man

I have a Rhino Liner (Installed 1998) and would definitely consider another spray in. The factory version is convenient. No need to schedule shop time, drop off the truck. . etc... etc. . One less thing to deal with in a busy life.

That said, I really like the "Bed Rug" concept but I question it's 'real life' durability. Part of the attraction is that I use my truck for extended travel missions. Meaning, the bed is primarily used to haul luggage, etc. . But on weekends I'm hauling everything from firewood to. . you name it. So unless someone can steer me in a different direction, I'm sorta leaning towards a Bed Rug and a thick rubber mat for weekends.

I don't think you can install the Bed Rug on top of a spray in liner, can you?

Deezal Man , Aug 25, 2011
  16. mgonske

Yep--works great. I have a color-matched Rhino Liner (my second Ram with it--the color-matching works really well, even for silver), and use a BedRug when the topper is on (the BedRug is supposed to be weather-proof, but my useage is like yours when the topper's off, or I have the 5er hitch in place)

mgonske , Aug 25, 2011
  17. RSLyons

Just read the posting. . from my sorces the factory is neither of the liners you have listed. All the products are pretty good but its the dealers prep work that will tell the test of time. IF they cut corners the edges will lift and then peeling will start. As for me, I Recommend VORTEX SPRAY ON LINERS!! They are 5 times stronger than the Other liners out there. If you want a color liner Vortex Dealers can put a top coat of their Polyphatic Coating on and it will STAY THE COLOR!!! You can even put graphics in the beds, logo's, etc. and it will stay!! Any Questions i can help with jsut give me a call. Protective Coating Services Flint, MI

RSLyons , Oct 22, 2011