Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel Dan

I am selling my 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins, Laramie, 6 speed manual. It has 239,500 miles on it which is not much for a Cummins Diesel. These engines are well known to go over 500k. It runs strong, it does not burn any oil, it USED to leak oil, but I have fixed all big leaks and now it doesn’t even drip any oil on the driveway. I use synthetic oil, and I never have to add oil between changes.
    I have owned this truck for over 3 ½ years. It has been my daily driver and my hobby. I originally intended to keep this truck a lot longer but due to a change in priorities, I need to sell and downsize. In those 3 ½ years… I have done a lot of work to this truck. All of the following work done has less than 20,000 miles on it (unless otherwise specified), including…
    - 3 inch Carli Supsension lift kit (Variable rate front coils, bilstein 5160 shocks w/ remote reservoirs, front shock limit straps, adjustable sway bar end links +new bushings, full rear leaf spring packs, Dynatrac Pro-Steer ball joints, Timkin front hub bearings, Pure Performance Adjustable Track Bar, steering linkages done (as per factory recall). Bilstein 5100 steering dampener, TGC front control arms, Red-head steering box (with BD steering box brace), Borgeson steering shaft. (Over $4,000 worth of parts)
    - rear brakes replaced, including all new pads, rotors, calipers, parking brake shoes and hardware. Full brake fluid flush (full system, front and rear). (Approx. $500 in total)
    - ALL fluids changed. Including transmission (Redline MTL), transfer case (ATF+4), Both Differentials+new gaskets (AMSOIL Severe-Gear 75w90), Power Steering (ATF+4), Coolant (Zerex G-05). And of course engine oil (AMSOIL 15w-40) every 5,000 miles.
    - Valve cover gasket/o-rings (OEM Cummins), Rocker Box gasket(OEM Cummins), Front crank seal w/ wear sleeve kit (OEM Cummins), resealed timing cover, transfer case rear extension housing seal and bushing replaced.
    - Airdog FP-100 Fuel lift pump/filtration system (filters down to 2 microns)($600), injectors were done by the previous owner (at 218,000 miles w/paperwork to show over $3,000 worth of work)
    - New A/C condenser, orifice tube, and accumulator. Also replaced the fan clutch. (A/C and heater both work great)
    - water pump, thermostat, lower radiator hose, serpentine belt, “Fluidampr” crank pulley/harmonic balancer, engine and transmission mounts, starter, both batteries (2 years ago), rear u-joints, valve lash adjustment checked.
    - BullyDog GT Tuner with sensor docking station (w/ pyrometer installed). Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo-back exhaust (with Aeroturbine 4040XL muffler). BD 2-piece exhaust manifold, S&B high flow intake + intake elbow. BD Super B SXE turbo (w/ adjustable wastegate and oil drain tube), BD boost fooler. (All total over $3,000)
    - I also had the drivers seat redone (by C&B Upholstery ). And I had the factory recall done at the dealer for the passenger air bag inflator at the same time the steering linkages were replaced under recall (Dave Smith Dodge in Kellogg, ID)
    - The previous owner installed a South Bend single-disk clutch (at 211,000 miles w/paperwork to show over $2,000 worth of work)
    - BFGoodrich T/A KO2 tires, 35/12.50/17 (Approx. 70% tread remaining). (Over $1,000 a set)
    I do have paperwork and receipts for most of these parts and services.
    This is one of the cleanest and best built up/maintained 03’s you will ever find. Don’t let all of the aftermarket parts scare you… I do NOT go around flooring the accelerator and beating the crap out of it all the time (like many other diesel owners do), but it does have great power/torque and “go anywhere” capabilities when you need it. It is very fuel efficient for its size. I typically get about 17 mpg around town, 20+ highway (cruising at about 65-70 mph)
    It has the occasional scratch here and there, small dent on the tailgate, small tear on the center console (shown in the pictures), but very good condition overall.
    I work Monday-Friday until 5pm, so I won’t be able to meet up or answer calls during that time, but you can also reach my dad…he is a former Dodge Cummins owner himself, he helped with some of the work on this truck, and knows this truck almost as well as I do. (Both of our names and numbers are listed below…)
    Brandon (Registered owner) (509)38five-12seven1
    Dan (Father) (509)38five-12seven2
    Call or text is okay

I am located in the area of Spokane, Washington

I'm selling for $18,500 (way less than what I have into it). Clear title in hand. Cash only/no trades. Upon reaching a deal...we will meet at my bank to finalize the transaction.

Dodge 1.jpg #ad

Dodge 2.jpg #ad

Dodge 3.jpg #ad

Dodge 4.jpg #ad

Dodge 5.jpg #ad

Dodge 6.jpg #ad

Dodge 7.jpg #ad

Dodge 8.jpg #ad

Dodge 10.jpg #ad

Dodge 12.jpg #ad

Dodge 13.jpg #ad

Dodge 15.jpg #ad

Dodge 22.jpg #ad

Dodge 19.jpg #ad

Dodge 23.jpg #ad

Diesel Dan , Nov 17, 2019
  2. Bob4x4

Did this truck start it’s life in California?

Bob4x4 , Nov 21, 2019
  3. Diesel Dan

Hello Bob,
    Wow! I can't believe it is you. We met many many years ago and I bought a turbo from you. You might remember me as a guy that was initially involved in getting the group introduced to Kent of Kroker off road engineering and the KORE suspension products. Do you still live in Corona?
    Anyway the truck was first registered in Indiana but was re-registered in South Dakota soon after that.

Give me a call if you have any other questions

Thanks
    Diesel Dan
    AKA Dan Burley 509-385-1272

Diesel Dan , Nov 22, 2019
  4. Bob4x4

Hey Dan,I thought that might be you.When I saw your Avatar,I didn’t notice the whit truck pictures.

Bob4x4 , Nov 22, 2019
  5. Diesel Dan

Truck has been sold.
    Thanks TDR......

Diesel Dan , Dec 6, 2019
    Tuesdak likes this.