1. Deezznutzz

Need a little help with this one because both are expensive.i was driving and my 6.7 3500 went into limp while accelerating...stopped it started it and was fine.this happened a few times threw the next few weeks untill it wouldnt come out of limp.it threw 2 codes. A low fuel rail and an egr code.
    Well i broight vehicle home and said ill change a mich needed fuel filter to see what happens.
    Black as black can be..suprised there was fuel going threw.started truck after and it was hesitant on starting but did and ran at idle.still in limp.
    So my question is would an egr code throw this truck into limp.or would the cp3?

Deezznutzz , Jan 14, 2021
  2. xcc_rider

The actual codes would help us help you.

xcc_rider , Jan 14, 2021
  3. Deezznutzz

P0087 and p049d

4. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

What year is the truck?

AH64ID , Jan 14, 2021
    DonFitzwater likes this.
  5. DonFitzwater

Dude, fill out your sig if you want decent help. Make sure you include mods.

DonFitzwater , Jan 14, 2021
    AH64ID likes this.
  6. xcc_rider

Do you have a gauge to monitor rail pressure?
    Did you try clearing the codes?
    Did the codes come back and/or are the codes still active?

The egr code is that it exceeded the learning limit. Can't tell from the code if it's open or closed but I would guess its stuck open, out of normal range.

Try pulling the actuator and using your finger try moving the valve from fully closed (piston at outer most position) to the full stroke (inner most position).
    See if it moves freely the full range without sticking or increased resistance.
    If not closing all the way then work in until it's fully closed.

Reinstall the actuator and unplug the connector. This will take the egr out of the equation and leave you with only fueling as the limp mode (probably just loss of power) possible cause.
    You will have a new egr code but it is effectively disabled for the time being.

xcc_rider , Jan 14, 2021
  7. Deezznutzz

2010 sorry just became member

8. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

If you want to work on the vehicle then you need the ability for proper diagnosis.
    Get yourself AlfaOBD and then we can work on the problem.

There is no way to work on a fully computerized vehicle without that - except for people that use the parts gun excessively.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Ozymandias , Jan 14, 2021
  9. Deezznutzz

I dont have gauges but if they are fairly cheap ill get some.i did clear the codes but they came back basically instantly.im goimg to try the actuator this weekend and get back to you.thanks a bunch