Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1weldit

Just got my truck back from the body shop where they had to do some wiring and replace the TIPM due to a blown tire. Now there is an airbag warning light on on the dash. Does anyone know what's possibly going on with this, how to fix it?

1weldit , Sep 3, 2017
  2. Bob4x4

I would not want the average bodyshop replacing modules and repairing my wiring,that being said a scanner that can access the airbag system would make sense.First before doing anything else pop the cover off the tipm and fully seat the airbag fuses,they should have a yellow cover.The tipm is shipped with the fuses not inserted for safety.

Bob4x4 , Sep 3, 2017
  3. 1weldit

Thanks Bob4x4! That's exactly what it was. Hindsight is 20x20. Had I known what I know now, I'd have made the repairs myself and worked it out with the insurance company. Looking at my stuff, one might not suspect me as being really persnickety about it because of the lack of cleanliness, but when it comes to it functioning properly and things being done properly, I'm very OCD. In fact I got mad a few minutes ago when I was checking that fuse because the TIPM wasn't installed properly and one of the clips was broken off! [emoji849][emoji849] Can't even pay for good help anymore.

1weldit , Sep 4, 2017
  4. Bob4x4

Glad I could help.I can't say I've seen it all but I have followed behind many other shops to repair screw ups from little ones to the monumental.

Bob4x4 , Sep 4, 2017