Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpbrameier

Recently I have had a lot of issues with the charging system on my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4. I put a new alternator on, batteries tested good, battery cables are good (ran a multimeter in positives and grounds), etc. I got a replacement ECM as my theory was the voltage regulator in the PCM was the cause of my issues. Charging voltage is within regular parameters now, but I was throwing around 18 codes. Truck will go about 20m then die. If I rev it, it sounds like it's about to runaway then dies.
    The following had been replaced in addition to the ECM and alternator:
    FCA
    PRV (it's plugged now)
    MAP sensor
    air filter sensor

an ideas of what I should be trouble shooting next? Or maybe I received a bad ecm?

jpbrameier , Mar 6, 2021
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Grounds Grounds Grounds!

If you get that amount of codes it's almost always ground related because all systems share common grounds.

Ozymandias , Mar 6, 2021
    RogerM, Darkbloodmon and Jim W like this.
  3. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

Yo Hoot , Mar 7, 2021
  4. Regcabguy

Regcabguy , Feb 10, 2022
  5. p-Bar

The positive crossover cable too

p-Bar , Feb 10, 2022