Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSantana

In Either San Jose or Santa Cruz, California, but will drive to a good one.

Hi - I have a 1999-2500 with 164k miles. I have been having some issues with my frontend over the past year or so. It all began with a vibration in the front and a bit of wandering. I've been through 2 different wheel shops that don't know s*** about these trucks other than what some manual says to try and teh local dealer in Santa Clara is not much better. I drive it daily and use it for my camper and pull my old CJ so I am tired of having it at these shops.

Thanks for your help.

PSantana , Mar 13, 2011
  2. Allnew2Me

Ross Equipment Repair on North Tenth Street SJ is a good shop that I have dealt with in the past. They heated and bent the Twin-I-Beam front end on two of my old Fords and did a great job. They do Fleet maintenance on larger trucks, give them a call.

A word of warning though, you might do some research on the TDR first so you know what is going on with your truck, there is plenty of info to be had here for free. That at least will give you some direction when talking to them.

Just guessing but you probably need a new trackbar and I would guess the tie-rod ends are shot also. A good alignment after that would not hurt either.

Allnew2Me , Mar 13, 2011
  3. DennyDay

4 X 4 ? 2 X 4? Total drive line auto 5 speed ?

DennyDay , Mar 13, 2011
  4. PSantana

Thanks AllNew2Me, I have read and done about all that I can from my TDR learning. I have replaced the track bar, steering box, rims and steering damper.

It is 4x4 Auto, Banks exhaust and chip. Pulls like a champ,

PSantana , Mar 14, 2011