Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLangford TDR MEMBER

I am thinking of replacing my tail gate on the 2001 CTD.

Have any of you used LMC and if so, what is your impression of the quality?

I thought about comparing price with Mopar, but know that it might be apples and oranges.

DLangford , Apr 5, 2011
  2. bheiting

I have a couple dings in my tailgate. A body instructor at the local tech school suggested a skin from Keystone. I suspect they have the whole tailgate as well.

bheiting , Apr 5, 2011
  3. Tinman TDR MEMBER

I got a replacement grille assay from LMC for the 01. Quality and fit was OK but as it the case with most aftermarket plastic replacements, it wasn't perfect. Close enough for that piece tough. For something as important as a tailgate, I'd pay more and get OEM - either new or from a junk yard.

Tinman , Apr 6, 2011
  4. TPetroff TDR MEMBER

Hi Dave,

I have bought many items from LMC over the years for my Chevrolets and the Dodge's.

Quality has for the most part been very good.

As you know repro parts are always a "crap" shoot.

There body panels are OEM certified.

And most of the parts were NOS, but I have noticed more repro's because like anything else nos is drying up.

There customer service is better than most, should you have a problem or be dissatisfied.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

See You In May!!!

TGP

TPetroff , Apr 6, 2011
  5. seafish

I have also bought a few thing from LMC over the years and have absolutely no qualms about recommending them. That being said, last year sometime, I remember a thread by a TDR member that felt he got terrible customer service from them and would NEVER buy from them again... it seemed to me at the time that it was a RANT with him not taking at least some responsability for the "bad" order and only blaming LMC. You could search here and try to find it if you wanted more info, but like I said, they are an established body parts supplier with a decent reputaion and a LONG history.

seafish , Apr 6, 2011
  6. DLangford TDR MEMBER

I went by my local Mopar dealer, who was recentlyl bought out by another mega Dodge dealer operation, and priced the following:
    New tailgate $922-
    "outer door shells" $244-
    They had a girl at the parts counter, and she did not know much. Could not tell me what was meant by outer door shells; whether that was like the short in height lower door repair panels that LMC sells, etc.
    Comments?

DLangford , Apr 8, 2011
  7. TPetroff TDR MEMBER

Dave,

Those prices are probably correct.

MoPar don't stock much body parts anymore for 2nd Gen. trucks, they are very high priced.

She is pricing a replacement skin,not the door.

Door shells were about the same as the tailgate.

LMC sell's the door shell or patch panels.

The quality of there body panels,doors,fenders,etc. are better than most.

TGP

TPetroff , Apr 8, 2011