Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomshaw

Just wondering, if I install a leveling kit from Carli, Kore or Lorenz and put 35" tires on the stock 17" rims... is there still enough room to properly install and use snow chains if needed?

Boomshaw , Oct 11, 2008
  2. JDiepstra

The back would have plenty of room. The front, I am not sure.

JDiepstra , Oct 11, 2008
  3. MickeyMiller

35's on stock wheels with chains mounted will pound the heck out of the lower control arms at full lock. On mine they also clipped the rear of the front wheel well. With the less backspacing of the H2 wheels they just barely touch the back of the wheel well, don't touch the lower arm at all.

MickeyMiller , Oct 11, 2008
  4. MoparBob

With the 35" Toyo MTs on mine, there was definitely not enough room for chains! The front would hit the fender and the lower control arms with ease and the rear would rip the plastic splash shields apart. Cables in the rear might work, but with the front tires rubbing the lower control arms by themselves, even cables don't fit up front without some very careful driving.

MoparBob , Oct 12, 2008
  5. InfernoB

My thought was that if you needed to use chains on all four wheels... ... Stay Home..... Remember what happend to Donner?

Does the CHP even let people up the pass when it's that bad? In SoCal they don't even let us up the hill unless your local when it's that bad.

InfernoB , Oct 12, 2008
  6. AMcCormick

I have buddies that lived in mammoath mtn that drove two wheel drive rangers all winter no chains. piled the bed full of stumps and aired way down on all four corners and everythings good as long as you your not stupid.

AMcCormick , Oct 12, 2008
  7. Boomshaw

Thanks!

Only supposed to chain the rear drive tires I believe on this truck, not ever the front.

I remember Donner. But, our cabin is above the highway plow line and sometimes you get snowed in if you are already there and then it dumps. If you want out, you try driving out on a snow covered highway.

Aired down, chains on back, 4x4... I would hope wouldn't be a problem.

Boomshaw , Oct 14, 2008