Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carhauler

any one ever tried them on a truck. I saw a pair today that looked almost identical to my michelin ltx m/s 235/85/16 s and was wondering if any one had any experince with them.

Thanks jim

carhauler , Oct 19, 2001
  2. Bob Wagner

Michelin & Costco have a pretty cozy relationship.

Michelin could be private labeling for Costco, I will take a peek

next week.

Just don't buy the white letter "Kirkland Brand" tires :rolleyes:

that would look tacky

Last edited: Oct 19, 2001
    Bob Wagner , Oct 19, 2001
  3. carhauler

Hey Bob are you following me around ?;)

carhauler , Oct 19, 2001
  4. Ramboy

Haven't used them on a truck but bought a set of four 235x85Rx16's for a 14K Holiday Rambler 5'er once. I put about 20,000 on them before trading the trailer and they still looked like new. Price was definitely right on them at Costco.

Ramboy , Oct 19, 2001
  5. Bob Wagner

hey I did it once

just trying to help you save some cash ;)

6. willyslover

Just an FYI . . they are manufactured by Michlen for Costco

willyslover , Oct 19, 2001
  7. Bob Wagner

thanks for the confirmation Gary :)

8. RHARVEY

I have a set of the Kirkland tires on my truck and have ran with for 40,000 miles and have not had a problem. I found out that with Costco the Michelin tires did not for a warranty on the tread wear, but the Kirkland had a 60,000 mile warranty. .

When these wear out I will buy another set...

Rick

RHARVEY , Oct 19, 2001
  9. willyslover

guess I should give a disclaimer. . I manage a Costco

10. Bob Wagner

Gary, I knew you are a manager

But Costco also make the best muffins to be found too ;)

We spend plenty at Costco weekly and always use and <b>pay off monthly</b> our American Express Card with the 2% rebate

<b> It's really a great deal</b>

Can you tell I love Costco?

11. Stranger

Michelin?

Lana stopped me from doin' burnouts in my truck by putting 6 new ones on it from Costco.

Sales guy said the 215/85R16 "D"'s were made by B. F. Goodrich. So maybe they play both BFG and Michelin for the best deal?

Stranger , Oct 19, 2001
  12. carhauler

Good deal

Im gonna get em ,Thanks all for you comments. BTW Bob they do have the best muffins:D

carhauler , Oct 19, 2001
  13. willyslover

clerk has head in butt

not BFG's

Last edited: Oct 20, 2001
  14. hv2hunt

kirkland tires

My dad swears by them for his other trucks. But he runs Michlen on his CTD. They worked good on his suburban If I remember right he said he gets about 60 thousand miles out of them. (used on back roads in mexico hunting) They work good in the dirt. He's never had one come apart.

hv2hunt , Oct 20, 2001
  15. SlyBones

Quality ??

They are made by Michelin for Costo, but are they made to costo specs or Michelin specs? They may look the same, but are they the same quality, number of plies, cords, belts and all that other tire crap.

Same reason I dont shop at Les Schwab. Good company, great service, but other than Toyo who as ever heard of the brands they carry. Who actually believes that Z800 Ultra's are the best radial tire ever made.

Personally I pay more and like it when my tires say BFG, Dunlop, Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear, etc. right there on the side. -- Dunlops on the wifes car, soon to be BFG's on the truck.

SlyBones , Oct 20, 2001
  16. Joe G.

Gary,

I see that you are as subtle as usual:rolleyes::D.

Joe G. , Oct 20, 2001
  17. tlippy

Willy - didn't CostCo quit selling the Kirkland 245/16's for a bit?

BTW - I opened Temecula with Rick. Did a 2 year stint while waiting to get my house sold for the eventual move to Oregon. Did Majors for a while - then settled in in Tire Sales. They sold so many units that they had two sales guys who did nothing but write up the orders. First class operation.

tlippy , Oct 20, 2001
  18. Greg Boardman-RIP

I ran a set of the kirkland 255/75/16's on my wifes Dakota. The tires just don't last. I got 25,000 miles out of a 50,000 mile tire. She drives about 50 miles a day back and forth to work. I have since replaced them with Michellen LTX's. The ride is much better, and I bet they last longer too... ... ... . just MHO... Greg

Greg Boardman-RIP , Oct 20, 2001
  19. carhauler

Quality

Semms to me from what the pamphlets say thay are comparable by all means except for the tread depth on the kirklands which are 1/32 less in tread depth. I am still going to try them as the Michelins are $142. 00 compared to kirkland @ $87. 99. I have to buy six so that is a $400. 00 savings overall for me. If I get 50k I will be happy,I got about 85k out of the michelins But money is tight.

. 02

carhauler , Oct 20, 2001
  20. Forrest

My 235-85's are against the tread bars @ 30k. How much are the Kirklands?

Forrest , Oct 20, 2001