Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterdonkey

Does anybody have pictures of an installed 4" Jardine Exhaust System of the exhaust tip? I would like to see how it is bent at the tip. I like how the stock tip looks and just wondering what the Jardine looks like.

Also any comments about the Jardine are welcome. I am not stuck on the Jardine just yet.

Any other 4" systems worth looking at?

Thanks

waterdonkey , Nov 8, 2003
  2. champspa

no pictures , but it helped spool up the turbo faster and sounds great . :)

champspa , Nov 9, 2003
  3. esommer2500

Decent price, good quality, zero instructions, and I am still not happy with how low the exit is behind the wheel. I don't know what I did wrong? Pics in my Reader's Rigs.

Eric

esommer2500 , Nov 9, 2003
  4. Cooker

I too do not really prefer the tailpipe on my 96. I think a big part of it is OEM hangers, especially the rear one, for the early 2nd gens. It does look like yours is pointing up. I had to fiddle with mine a bit to get it to exit at decent angle. If your muffler sits too far forward or backward it may be difficult to get a decent exit angle. I test fit mine a couple times and had to keep trimming off about 1/2" of an inch of pipe at a time to get it all situated how I liked it.

I have a couple pics but I need to shrink them down to fit here on the TDR. If you would like to seem them just send me a PM with your email address.

Thanks,

Ryan

Cooker , Nov 9, 2003
  5. esommer2500

I fiddled with it A LOT, and it seemed like to get the angle that I wanted, I had to play with the piece that bends over the axle. I also must have lost/overlooked/didn't get the rearmost hanger.

I think you and I have had this discussion before, Cooker. ;) I don't have a muffler, and am considering stack(s) soon, anyway.

Eric

esommer2500 , Nov 9, 2003
  6. Mark Craig TDR Advertiser

Mark Craig , Nov 10, 2003
  7. TomGolden

If you go to my Readers Rigs section, I have a picture of my exhaust tip, which I originall spray painted bright RED :D I have the Pinnacle Performance Jerry Jardine 4" exhaust, straight piped, with his stock tip - just the bare pipe, no monster tip or anything.

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll email you the picture.

Tom

TomGolden , Nov 10, 2003
  8. waterdonkey

Thanks

Thanks all for the info. and the pics. I will be ordering one soon. Let me tell you that when you open up your exhaust system there is a noticeable difference. My Father-in-law has my same truck but only a year 2000. He went to a 4" long ago. I can sure feel the difference. I want to start turning heads with mine too. :D

waterdonkey , Nov 16, 2003