Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAmes TDR MEMBER

I'm in the market to replace my gauges. I want to wire both fuel and oil pressure to one gauge thru a toggle. I called Isspro and the guy told me the only gauge they sell that will handle diesel is the EV2, and they click. My question, how loud and annoying is the clicking? I spend 8 to 11 hours a day driving when I am working.

GAmes , Apr 3, 2012
  2. Tractorat

Are Isspro still available ? I thought you couldnt get them anymore.

Tractorat , Apr 3, 2012
  3. WOT TDR MEMBER

I used to have EVs in my old truck and they were nice. I had fuel,boost, and egt. In my new truck I have EV2s - egt, boost, and rail. the rail is very annoying. it's like a hard drive chattering away all the time. on the highway it isn't bad because the pressure is pretty constant. so, the short answer to your question is they aren't too bad if the needle doesn't swing around constantly or quickly.

I did talk to them and they tried to reporgram the gauge and it helped some but it's still annoying. I'm going to let them try one more time before I disable the rail gauge.

WOT , Apr 3, 2012
  4. SHobbs

I have the EV2's and as stated they do click when moving. Since you are in an older truck you might not notice it, I never hear my boost or fuel pressure gauges when they move. Most times all I hear is engine and turbo whistle. No way I would change them out I really like them and the l. e. d adjustable lighting is nice. They are also very easy to install as well.

SHobbs , Apr 3, 2012
  5. Tractorat

Oops, my bad. Its Dipricol that is no longer around.

Tractorat , Apr 3, 2012
  6. GAmes TDR MEMBER

So do they all click with the same volume, or does the fuel pressure gauge click louder than the others? My plan is a boost, egt, and oil pressure, with a fuel pressure sender toggled to the oil pressure gauge, for occasioal checks but mainly for trouble shooting.

GAmes , Apr 3, 2012
  7. WOT TDR MEMBER

they all click to some extent when the needle moves. It isn't very noticeable on my boost or egt. I think it's because they don't move rapidly. egt goes up and down slowly and when boost does change rapidly it's when your foot is in it so you don't hear it as much. the rail pressure jumps all over the place when driving lightly (as in town driving). even at idle the presure will fluctuate enough for the needle to move 1 needle with or so and you hear it move each time.

WOT , Apr 4, 2012
  8. 1972JohnBoy

I have 5 of them, 2 fuel mounted on the steering column, egt, boost and transmission temp. guages mounted in a dash pod. They all sweep smoothly and have performed flawlessly for about 2 years and I have never heard one click from any of them. I am well pleased with the looks of their factory match style guages, performance and ease of installation. :)

1972JohnBoy , Apr 4, 2012
  9. WOT TDR MEMBER

Don't get me wrong, I like them - they are a nice match and haven't caused me any issues. If you had a rail-pressure I think you'd be surprised how much more you hear it. If unplug the rail-pressure I can barely hear the others - but you can if you listen very closely.

WOT , Apr 4, 2012
  10. Bob4x4

Interesting... ... the last ones I installed in a 12v I never heard.

Bob4x4 , Apr 4, 2012
  11. GAmes TDR MEMBER

Thanks guys. They will be the next things I install.

GAmes , Apr 21, 2012