Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigblock_doc TDR MEMBER

Problem number two, the high pressure pump. Dealer found one or what ever, said it would take till the end of the week. It's only Tues. Asst. mgr say it takes at least two days to do it but the tech only gets paid for 3.2 hrs.
    Nobody wants to do it. Truck has been the since last Wed. Is it really that hard? Three nuts, lines, and electric plug, remove belt, cover, nut, washer hold gear, pull out the back. Why two days????

bigblock_doc , Feb 21, 2023
  2. Topzide TDR MEMBER

Warranty! Back in the days, tech's hated to be bothered with warranty issue's while others had gravy work! I see nothing has changed!

Topzide , Feb 21, 2023
    06 Dodge likes this.
  3. sag2 TDR MEMBER

If they have been doing the pump recalls it should be a breeze. My local dealer had a spilling over shopping cart full of replacement pumps. I picked up 12 so I could have one for every two students in class.

sag2 , Feb 21, 2023
    Bug Out likes this.
  4. bigblock_doc TDR MEMBER

All the dealers around here don't have the part and don't know when one will arrive. Diesel guys are a premium here. Maybe one per dealer.

bigblock_doc , Feb 22, 2023
  5. BrentM TDR MEMBER

Just had my 2020 pump replaced under the recall, took 3 days and they broke some clips holding wiring, left greasy handprints all over the engine, fenders and grill. Terrible service, that is why I hate taking my trucks to the dealer.

BrentM , Mar 5, 2023
  6. Turbo Terry

I think we all have had this terrible experience. My wife takes her Lexus in for service. They always give her a new car loaner and wash her car before she gets it back. Prices aren’t bad either .Excellent service. It’s her third Lexus. She wanted to change brands I said that would just be crazy

Turbo Terry , Mar 5, 2023
  7. bigblock_doc TDR MEMBER

Got it done. While on the first run, had a humming at idle up near the firewall. Found out they replaced a power steering hose up at the
    hydraboost. While looking found the new line was touching the pump and the other line. Gave them a little push to move them and all is quite.
    Now truck stuck in WVA with the trans problem I've been having. On another post. Had to rent a truck to get home. Again P0871. My
    scanner has the code but two dealers say no codes found. WTF.

bigblock_doc , Mar 6, 2023