Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcmedic TDR MEMBER

My key fobs have been intermittent lately, even when the truck location is unchanged. Interestingly (also intermittently) none of my driver door lock/unlock function works. There is no obvious correlation to location, temperature or other causes. Any ideas? I have AlphaOBD if that will provide an avenue to investigate further or better still correct the problem.
    Another key FOB curiosity is that (intermittently) pressing the remote start results is same activity as pressing the lock button.

rcmedic , Dec 14, 2022
  2. JLandry TDR MEMBER

rcmedic,

Can you please clarify the statement about location? Does this behavior happen no matter where the truck is parked? For example, if happening at home, does it also happen when parked miles away?

I ask because I've experienced intermittent fob behavior before from localized RF (radio frequency) interference. It happened once when parked in a friend's driveway and I discovered I couldn’t unlock my truck with the fob! Turns out my friend had an exterior light on his garage with a bad transformer that was jamming the fob's signal. We discovered it by turning off circuit breakers.

John L.

JLandry , Dec 14, 2022
  3. HVS TDR MEMBER

Just installed LED lights in 2 shops and our remote door openers on all vehicles will not respond well when lights are on, but work fine when lights are off.

4. Topzide TDR MEMBER

With all the newer tech out there ( LED lights are everywhere now), @JLandry is correct in trying in multiple locations. !st place would be away from lighting and the such to see if things work. AlfaOBD won't help with checking the FOB's. Have you checked the FOB batteries? Are these the original FOB's that came with the truck? Alfa allows you to reset the RF Hub and to program the FOB's. Maybe pick up a new FOB and program it to see if that changes the issue. I picked up 2 FOB's off EBAY and they have been working fine! I now have 4 FOBs for the truck now. The replacement ones had the extra button for lowering of the suspension and they programed for lock/unlock as well as remote start. Also as just a reminder with how our trucks act, how old are the truck batteries? The gremlins that are caused when they are getting old and weak! Let us know what you find.

Topzide , Dec 15, 2022
  5. rcmedic TDR MEMBER

There does not seem to be any difference in location. 80 miles away from my home nets the same random/intermittent issue. Another curiosity is that when I attempt to remote start the truck, it flashes the lights once and does nothing else. before it quit working, the lights would flash twice and then it would start.

rcmedic , Dec 15, 2022
  6. Topzide TDR MEMBER

Sounds like you may have a code that's not allowing the remote start to function. Check for any pending codes. Batteries and codes can keep you guessing!

Topzide , Dec 15, 2022
  7. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Remote start does lock the Doors if they are unlocked before.
    Remote start also does not work below 1/4 Tank.

Ozymandias , Dec 15, 2022
  8. rcmedic TDR MEMBER

Tank is full and doors are locked.

rcmedic , Dec 15, 2022
    Ozymandias likes this.