1. CHenck

I'm having Reese slotted rails installed for my fifth wheel hitch next week and from what I've read it appears there are guidelines regarding installation of hitches that involve drilling into the newer truck frames. Any clue where I can get some info to pass along to the installer to ensure installation of the rails is done correctly and doesn't void my warrenty. Installer has indicated they will be using the 03-07 Reese rail installation kit.

Appreciate the assistance.

Chuck

CHenck , May 6, 2007
  2. Slow Six

When I did my 03 the brackets used existing holes and the kit I got clamped around the frame. I've towed heavy for 4 years now and on a lot of rough hiways and so far no problems. Hopefully your installer is professional and knows what he is doing.

Slow Six , May 6, 2007
  3. Bob V

I have a set of the Reese clamp on brackets the are for sell. I used them for 2 years then went to the B&W hitch. You can find info on the drilling/welding at http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/

You will have to look around a bit but it is there

Bob V , May 6, 2007
  4. B.G. Smith

The rails will include the installation instructions, you just have to make sure they follow them. You can call Reese and they will mail or fax you the instructions or you can download them from their web. bg http://www.reeseprod.com/

B.G. Smith , May 6, 2007
  5. Bertram65

Which Reese hitch? regular or signature series?

Bertram65 , May 6, 2007
  6. TowPro

I have the Reese regular. Just have them follow the directions. If your have a 3500, you will need an extra set of brackets for the rear that are not included with the hitch.

Have them follow the directions. Here is the TSB about drilling the 03 and up frames. If I recall, the top hole in the front frame brackets was too close to the frame edge on my 06 if you follow the TSB to the letter. I just moved the bolt down to the next hole. Also the LS emergency brake cable hanger bracket will need to be relocated. I can't remember if I had to drill another hole for the bracket locater pin or not

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
    TowPro , May 7, 2007